PDA

View Full Version : Buzz Box BB75 firing system for fireworks

displayfireworks1
03-04-2012, 08:00 PM
This video is currently unlisted on youtube.

In this video, I test the Buzz Box BB75. This device is normally used in the blasting industry. Does it have a use in pyrotechnics? I think it may. A fireworks crew may have a hand-fired display and need to fire just one item or multiple items as a single firing. You may need to fire one set of items independent of you main firing system. This is where a device like this may help. Sure, there are other options and this is just another one to add to the list. The advantage with this is it is simple, small and easy to use. We now know it can fire at least 20 electric matches connected in parallel.
One of my advertiser’s easypyro.com in the United Kingdom is selling this device.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXeP-yOrI8A
easypyro.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAF_4c9dqi0

Pyro Nation
03-05-2012, 10:51 PM
Not sure what to make of EasyPyro video. He says that u can fire 100's of them in parallel, but it was just proven you can't... HMMM

J's12talk
03-05-2012, 11:32 PM
Not sure what to make of EasyPyro video. He says that u can fire 100's of them in parallel, but it was just proven you can't... HMMM

I would have to say that it should be compared to others on the market. Do other units fire more or are they about the same????

LightningPhil
03-10-2012, 07:36 PM
Dave, I think you should have also tried to wire the matches in series (daisy chained) as opposed to parallel. The one major drawback is that if one of the matches is bad and has poor continuity, then the entire chain will not have continuity. I believe most firing systems will fire more matches in series than in parallel.

displayfireworks1
03-10-2012, 07:58 PM
When I find the time, I will do a test with this device again, only the next time connecting the match in series. I am sure it should fire at least 30 electric matches in series. The reason I tested it with the match in parallel was to test its full capacity. Also, if you are supervising a fireworks crew you can always tell a new person with no experience to connect all these wires together and I am sure they would understand. Ideally, the best way to use this device would be in series, the continuity check would be more accurate.