PDA

View Full Version : Martinez Electric Match video

displayfireworks1
02-26-2012, 01:19 AM
Video is currently unlisted. See it here before public release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AawfVEh4BS8
My currently unlisted electric match video is post on the pyrotalk.com discussion forums in the Display Fireworks section.
If you are working for a fireworks display company and have installed electric match in a large fireworks display, you may enjoy my latest video. Once you watch the video all you have to do is convince the people that purchase the electric match for your company to try the Martinez match and I guarantee it will save you time and be a lot easier on your fingers and hands. There is a high quality electric match out there in United States and I think Martinez has it. Surprisingly at the end of my video, you will see the Martinez match with less composition actually produces a better ignition.
As a final note, Martinez Electric Match is produced in United States. There is no longer an affiliation between MJG electric match and Martinez. MJG matches are made in Mexico.

http://martinezspecialtiesinc.com/

Pyro Nation
02-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Awesome Video Dave. My Aunt since she works there doing the ematch would love this video. Yes they most definately are created in the USA. Right in Groton, NY

PyroMonkey
02-26-2012, 02:56 PM
This is great! I was watching the video, and felt like I was in a Southern Baptist church, yelling "Preach it, brother!" Will definitely see if we can get ahold of these, even just for our hobby/backyard shows.

UniversalPyro
02-26-2012, 03:55 PM
you need to have storage if you order these, correct?

J's12talk
02-26-2012, 05:05 PM
you need to have storage if you order these, correct?

Yes you need to keep them in a mag. You can have them ship what your going to use for a given day by Fedex. Have them shipped "hold for your name" and you can pick them up the day of the shoot. The ones you don't use destroy that same day.

UniversalPyro
02-26-2012, 05:41 PM
thanks Jay..thats what i thought, you the man! i didn't realize about holding until your shoot date though, shows how much i know!

indianahx
02-26-2012, 07:12 PM
I know nothing about "holding" a shipment and don't plan on shipping ematch. But for someone considering that route is there a hold timeframe?? Wouldn't want someone shipping ematch then running to the nearest FedEx to find out the shipped them back.

Just curious bc I can't see FedEx (just one example) holding ematch for any substantial amount of time as they are a freight business and not an en-route contingency storage......if you get what I'm saying.

J's12talk
02-26-2012, 08:20 PM
I know nothing about "holding" a shipment and don't plan on shipping ematch. But for someone considering that route is there a hold timeframe?? Wouldn't want someone shipping ematch then running to the nearest FedEx to find out the shipped them back.

Just curious bc I can't see FedEx (just one example) holding ematch for any substantial amount of time as they are a freight business and not an en-route contingency storage......if you get what I'm saying.

They will hold your package for up to 5 days.

displayfireworks1
02-26-2012, 09:56 PM
I am not an expert at this but it works something like this, When something is in commerce it is sort of exempt from certain rules. For example, the FedEx man is driving around alone with the E-match but he really does not have an ATF license to be in possession of the product. If you follow the tracking real close sometimes you will see the product is in a truck most likely unattended the night before you receive it.
This is how some of my advertisers sell fireworks in states that are a distance from them. They ship multiple cases of fireworks to a state where you are located. The product is then picked up by you at the truck depot. You are picking the product up while it is still in commerce as opposed to having it delivered to your home. As long as it is in commerce it can stay exempt to some degree. If Fedex keeps a Hazmat package for a few days, they may handle it differently than we would because it is still in commerce.

J's12talk
02-26-2012, 10:36 PM
I just used this process for this weekends shoot and it worked flawlessly. The package is placarded 1.4s.

Pyro Nation
02-26-2012, 11:48 PM
Which in terms of being 1.4s means it doesnt need specialty storage

Pyro Nation
02-27-2012, 04:14 PM
Just got off the phone with Anna from Martinez. They have come to a few of my shows I did. I decided to get some of there Emax and there new Green Ematches. Will test them out and see how it goes. She also said they are working on getting the price down to be more competitive with the Chinese price. So, hopefully they can do that and maybe we can get made in the USA working again for us PYRO's some more

J's12talk
02-27-2012, 10:14 PM
Which in terms of being 1.4s means it doesnt need specialty storage

Just to clarify, once they are in your possession they do need to be kept in a mag if not used that day.

Pyro Nation
02-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Well, got a box of there E-max and a box of the Green Match coming.

Found out if ya do order from them... You will need to request what color wire. Yellow or Black. If ya want the shroud or not and ofcourse the length of ematch requested

Holmes69
03-06-2012, 07:45 AM
I work at Fedex and asked the question about holding a hazmat package, this is the answer I got.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 02/29/2012 07:45 AM EST
To: Kelly
Subject: Hazmat Area

Kelly,

How long will a station hold a hazmat package in their cage if not picked up before they will return it to the shipper? If you are not the right person to ask hopefully you can point me to the right person. Thanks

Usually not more than a day or two.

J's12talk
03-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I work at Fedex and asked the question about holding a hazmat package, this is the answer I got.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 02/29/2012 07:45 AM EST
To: Kelly
Subject: Hazmat Area

Kelly,

How long will a station hold a hazmat package in their cage if not picked up before they will return it to the shipper? If you are not the right person to ask hopefully you can point me to the right person. Thanks

Usually not more than a day or two.

They had no problem with five days up here.

J's12talk
03-06-2012, 11:19 PM
They had no problem with five days up here.

Keep in mind that it is 1.4s not a pallet of 1.4g cakes.