PDA

View Full Version : type 54 app in the mail

TitaniumsalTDI
02-23-2012, 10:43 AM
hello all i took my application this morning to the post office and finally sent it away. it was a lot easier then i had ever expected and hopefully the interview process will be the same. a few years ago i had started to apply for the permit and put it on the back burner so i still had my prints that were taken and went yesterday to get my photo taken. so i will keep everyone updated
thank you all for your input.

PyroJoeNEPA
02-23-2012, 11:18 AM
Good luck. Don't sweat the interview..just be prepared as best you can. Let us know how it goes.

Pyro Nation
02-23-2012, 04:19 PM
Awesome News... Now the part of just waiting for the next step starts... As Joe says..just be prepared. Show them ya did your homework and know what your talking about with Confidence. Good Luck

Easternpapyro
02-23-2012, 06:54 PM
ill follow up with the last 2 comments and say its no sweat if you go in with confidence and show you have knowledge it will be a breeze down to the final step congrats

indianahx
02-23-2012, 08:00 PM
The not-an-interview is CAKE! all just a waiting game now.

If you really want to look slick print out a copy of the Orange book and skim through it a little at a time and have it at your table with you when you do start the sit down chat.

http://www.atf.gov/publications/download/p/atf-p-5400-7.pdf

TitaniumsalTDI
02-24-2012, 10:37 AM
thank you all. i am more than prepared and i am gonna down load the orange book. i've got all of my fireworks stuff together ready to show, i even got my old approval letters from the atf when i shot for zambelli's. so i'm good to go. i will let everyone know as soon as i hear something.

displayfireworks1
02-24-2012, 09:41 PM
If you watched my videos over the years, you may remember my friend “Joe” I met doing the high school football game fireworks using consumer fireworks from Phantom Fireworks. With my encourage, and help he just called me yesterday to tell me he received his ATF 1.3 fireworks license in the mail. He told his ATF interview was a pleasant experience. I predict the same thing for you.
The ATF 1.3 fireworks license interview process is not a test of your knowledge; it is more of an educational event. Once you have met the basic application and background requirements the ATF Inspectors duties are to educate you on what your responsibilities are. They will review the responsibilities you have and ask you to sign a paper that you understand them. What they are looking for is you at least have some legitimate use for the fireworks or plan on trying to have some legitimate use for them. They want to make sure you are not going to divert them or other improper use. I review some of the questions they ask in my ATF video package.
In the United States and its territories, the licensing process does not judge your competency to use fireworks. In other words, they will not ask you the proper way to load a shell in a mortar or any other question about how to shoot fireworks. It is more about storage, record keeping, how to handle situations like someone stole your fireworks etc.
With the ATF license video package I sell on my website, I hear from people all the time that get their 1.3 fireworks license and they have no idea what to purchase or the proper way to use the fireworks. This is why sometimes I try to explain the basic pyrotechnic skills needed to properly use 1.3 fireworks in my videos. Again, I will predict you will be fine.
A final note, do not refer to the ATF person as an “ATF Agent”. I believe they prefer to be called “ATF Inspector”. Let us know how it goes for you.

Holmes69
02-25-2012, 09:30 AM
If you watched my videos over the years, you may remember my friend “Joe” I met doing the high school football game fireworks using consumer fireworks from Phantom Fireworks. With my encourage, and help he just called me yesterday to tell me he received his ATF 1.3 fireworks license in the mail.

Sounds like Muse will have a Kick Ass 4th this year.

georgiapyro
02-28-2012, 10:41 PM
Don't want to hijack your thread Titan, but I just put mine in the mail today as well! I'm super excited! I've done a lot of research trying to make sure I will be able to use the 1.3 license privileges well, so I will be waiting anxiously for my phone call. Hopefully my show at the beach will be even more memorable this year!

Thanks Dave for all of your advice with this process. Without it, I don't think many of us would have begun this process.

J's12talk
02-28-2012, 10:57 PM
Don't want to hijack your thread Titan, but I just put mine in the mail today as well! I'm super excited! I've done a lot of research trying to make sure I will be able to use the 1.3 license privileges well, so I will be waiting anxiously for my phone call. Hopefully my show at the beach will be even more memorable this year!

Thanks Dave for all of your advice with this process. Without it, I don't think many of us would have begun this process.
Congrats! It's a great feeling, just follow the rules and it's all good.

Pyro Nation
02-28-2012, 11:41 PM

AWESOME!!! Welcome to Club 54..... LOL..

Remember... Stuff has to be used same day as pick up unless you have storage... So, either bring back or burn it up that day

Steviet000
03-01-2012, 12:49 AM

Boy I agree with that. I just happened to be watching youtube one day a about a year ago not having anything to do with fireworks but once a year (of course wanting to but didn't have daves info) and now I'm waiting for a call from the ATF and building racks in my garage. I know what a daisye chain is and a gangsta.....lol And I also for the first time got to hear someone say "is my back on fire" lol.......... Thanks Dave. I/we got your back to the end! Much love
and I can speak for most of us when I say it's a true thank you not some BS.