PDA

View Full Version : Question about the timed salute rockets

deeks
02-18-2012, 01:06 AM
I am just trying to figure out where to get the plastic ends used to make the sequenced salutes. I can find screw protectors anywhere but finding long ones seems tricky. any answers here?

Dart
02-18-2012, 09:56 PM
http://www.stockcap.com/store/Product/ProductInfo.aspx?id=522

Dart
02-18-2012, 10:19 PM
I realize there is a policey of not linking/advertising non sponsors to the site. I dont see a conflict of interest with this particular business because it is not in pyrotechnics industry. If i am wrong feel free to edit/delete my post..

deeks
02-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Thanks, I think I was actually at that site once but lost it magically.

deeks
02-22-2012, 09:49 AM
Found them, ordered them, received them, they look perfect. Will be using them soon. Thanks a bunch.

Dart
03-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Glad this site was able to help, are you planning on rockets or shells?

deeks
03-07-2012, 12:38 AM
Shells for now. Haven't bought any rocket tooling yet. Working on the fuse timing and ignition right now. Made some quickmatch and made what looks like someone made to light the timefuse which is just some old socks cut in strips and dipped in blackpowder. Seems to be working. Just making some shells with a bottom shot now. after i get those timed right I am gonna make up a bunch of parts I can use for everything.

Chris H
03-07-2012, 01:31 AM
The "strips of socks" you speak of is generally out of commercial quickmatch. There exists two main types of flat match. There is the type with 3-5 individual strands laid side by side. I like this type for using as crossmatch and priming spolettes. Then there is a type which is more of a ribbon, which is what you're thinking of. It still has the same 3-5 strands of string, but they're extruded into a solid piece. Whether this type is easier to make or more efficient some how, I do not know. I suppose any strip of cloth might work for this, it does not have to be multiple strings extruded together.