PDA

View Full Version : How To Make Your Own Impact Torpedo's

thechemist45
02-07-2012, 09:43 AM
In this video you will see how you can make your own Impact Torpedo's these were very common in the 40s up until 1961 along with your cracker balls these are just made with more easily available chemical compositions like Antimnony trisulfide & Potassium Chlorate %50 of each And once thats thouroughyly mixed you use a gun loaders reloading kit scoops and put in 0.7cc of composition & 1cc off 15 mesh gravel. If you wish to have them go off a bit easier. As I found myself throwing my arm out on some. You can just make it %49.5 of each and add %1 of manganese as a catylyst for the chlorate they still will pass any drop test. These have to be struck really hard! As they are very light. It is imperative that you get 15 mesh plain quartz sand or #2 as it's known in the gravel industry And unlike the cracker balls where you may make them as strong as you dare. As long as you stick to the 2-1 ratio These if you don't make them exaxtly as I say they will not go off. If you do what I say in measurements of the 0.7cc of mixed composition & 1.cc of 15 mesh gravel they will work everytime. Do Not try this unles you are licensed to do so. And feel vomfortable in making such things as these old absoloute fireworks that I feel are part of are american history and should be kept alive. You got all kinds of people making flash who don't even know what there doing. When they get hurt we all pay. These are not going to take off any digits and are extremely fun. And like I said you can't bump up the power on these. There very loud.But like I said if your a hobbysist and are comfortable and licensed to make what you wish. This is a quick tutorial or rather two as I could not fit them both on one recording. Please ask any questions you may have. But please don't bombard me with questions like how dangerous etc.. I am simply supplying creditable knowledge on how to make a extinct throwdown impact cracker for those who are experienced enough to make them. As you can not find and recipes for such fireworks. So I hope you apreciate and enjoy them if you do choose to make them or have alway's wished to but never had the mix. And unlike cracker balls these two chems are easy to get. As realgar is very hard to find & expensive.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQbRVUvoYIs