PDA

View Full Version : Who is going to the PGI August 11-17 in La Port Indiana

pyromustang
02-02-2012, 01:58 AM
This will be my first year at the pgi.I have my camp site reservations with deposit. and sent my registration with check today.:D

Pyro Nation
02-02-2012, 05:19 AM
Well, since it is in your home state makes it very convenient for ya, but I wont be attending. I will however be attending my very first one next year since it is in Butler, PA next year. Hope you have fun and get some video..lol

jknepp1954
02-02-2012, 06:09 AM
Hubby and I are thinking about going. I do have my hotel reserved (but i can cancel later on if change mind). I want to go - now to just convince hubby we need to go - been in the biz now for 14 years and never went - about time we do go. Kneppy's wants to be a C vendor at Butler, so La Porte would be a good time to learn and have loads of fun. Besides - he is suppose to be retiring this year - so why not?
We may have to miss the very last day due to our family reunion though - or might just miss our reunion!

crackerbomb
02-02-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm planning on going but my wife says we have plans. I checked the calendar and its blank???????? I think she doesn't want me to go....lol

PyroJoeNEPA
02-02-2012, 12:06 PM
I'm planning on going but my wife says we have plans. I checked the calendar and its blank???????? I think she doesn't want me to go....lol
Buy her some flowers & tell her what a wonderful wife she is & how you admire the fact that she lets you have your pyro hobby! Hopefully the guilt trip will work!!! Been married 35 years--usually works for me! Good luck!
I won't be able to go this year, but, like Pyroliffic, plan to be there next year in our home state of PA. Joyce, i hope you & hubby get to go this year. Anything Pyro is a great time.

pyromustang
02-02-2012, 12:22 PM
From my home to la port is 6 hours. to Butler, PA its 8 hours. been in the biz almost 40 years. from the age of 18 fresh out of the army. shooting fireworks from the age of 8 with my grandfather.

indianahx
02-02-2012, 01:28 PM
Im still on the fence. I live in Avon (just west of indy) and would love to make the trip. Only problem is I have a weeklong houseboat trip I take every year. So I've already got the cost of that to consider, plus cost of trip to pgi to consider. The big factor is I still have to pay child support those weeks even though I have no income those weeks. So its a toss up.

pyromaniac
02-02-2012, 04:49 PM
I wish I was going. I joined the PGI last year just in anticipation of the 2013 convention in Butler,PA! It is only about 45 minutes away from me. I actually attended the PGI convention in New Castle back in 1994 but only as a spectator. Those memories will stay with me to the day I die! What always holds me up from attending conventions far away is that I can never find anyone who wants to go. My gf only tolerates fireworks and all my close friends would rather spend their money/vacation time on a hunting or fishing trip!

crackerbomb
02-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Buy her some flowers & tell her what a wonderful wife she is & how you admire the fact that she lets you have your pyro hobby! Hopefully the guilt trip will work!!! Been married 35 years--usually works for me! Good luck!
I won't be able to go this year, but, like Pyroliffic, plan to be there next year in our home state of PA. Joyce, i hope you & hubby get to go this year. Anything Pyro is a great time.

Thats the other part of the problem, she thinks I have to many hobbies.... I only go hunting on weekends and 2 full weeks through out the year. I then tell her I only get a couple of hours a year for fireworks so I don't see a big deal if I go to the convention for a few days.... Then she tells me to go to work.... What would I ever do without my wife to keep me on the straight and narrow...lol

Pyro@Mach13
02-02-2012, 10:47 PM
Well, since it is in your home state makes it very convenient for ya, but I wont be attending. I will however be attending my very first one next year since it is in Butler, PA next year. Hope you have fun and get some video..lol

Yes yes yes Butler PA!!!!

mfmacdaddy
06-11-2012, 06:25 PM
I will be going from mass 14 hrs with kids

PYROBOB NW.OHIO
06-11-2012, 06:30 PM
what is pgi ....just kidding.. im ready to go..

Frankiefireworks19
06-13-2012, 02:46 AM
I'll be attending the PA convention but as far as lodging goes whats my best option? I dont have a camper or RV. So I guess a nearby hotel then drive every morning?

Matt
06-13-2012, 08:27 AM
I'll be attending the PA convention but as far as lodging goes whats my best option? I dont have a camper or RV. So I guess a nearby hotel then drive every morning?

There is nothing real close to Coopers Lake, but you will be driving on highway roads going 55-65 mph to these hotels. There are some other B&B's closer, but these are most of the chain hotels in the area. In Cranberry there is at least a dozen hotels to chose from.

Comfort Inn - New Castle - 10 miles from shoot site
Comfort Inn and Microtel - Grove City Outlets - 16 miles
Hampton Inn - New Castle - 17 miles
Fairfield Inn - Butler - 17 miles
Cranberry Hotels - 24 miles

buffum157
07-07-2012, 01:57 PM
I am new to all this other than doing my own shows.
Any info about how to attend the PGI would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you.

pyromustang
07-10-2012, 08:21 AM
buffum157
I am new to all this other than doing my own shows.
Any info about how to attend the PGI would be helpful and appreciated. Thank you.
hope this is ok dave. http://www.pgi.org

pyromustang
07-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Frankiefireworks19
I'll be attending the PA convention but as far as lodging goes whats my best option? I dont have a camper or RV. So I guess a nearby hotel then drive every morning? I will be camping in a tent at the fairgrounds. They have water and electric for $20 a night. Ill have on my pyro talk t shirt saturday.

nitro25
07-10-2012, 08:27 AM
I can't go. We have to be in court on August 10 for finalization of our adoption and we are heading up to Mackinac Island to celebrate for the weekend!! Maybe next year!! I hope that everyone that goes has a wonderful time and take lots of video!!

nitro25
07-10-2012, 08:33 AM
I went as a spectator in 1996 in Muskegon, MI. This was only 30 minutes from my home!!! It was awesome!!

pyromustang
07-10-2012, 08:34 AM
I can't go. We have to be in court on August 10 for finalization of our adoption and we are heading up to Mackinac Island to celebrate for the weekend!! Maybe next year!! I hope that everyone that goes has a wonderful time and take lots of video!!

Kids always comes first.Mackinac Island is a great place to celebrate.

ChadEB
07-21-2012, 10:03 PM
I was wondering the same thing. I'll see you there only Sun night, Mon, Tue, and Wed... I have NO clue on where I'm going to stay yet but I have lots of time... NOT... lol

indianahx
07-21-2012, 11:15 PM
Awhile ago when registration and camping started to ramp up, it was mentioned that camping and especially nearby hotels would be going ridiculously quick. If I were you I would act on it immediately and not wait and potentially miss out on something.