PDA

View Full Version : Cobra customer service

ssmith512
04-09-2021, 12:45 PM
Once every 100 generations a company comes along that puts customer service at the forefront and surpasses even the highest of expectations. We are blessed that the 100 generation cycle is now and Cobra is that company. I know it goes without saying, and that everyone knows Cobra's customer service is like none other, but it cant be stated enough.

Everyone on the Cobra Team are genuine, good human beings.

To the whole Cobra Team, thank you for what you do!

jdels
04-09-2021, 06:02 PM
I couldn't agree more. I recently had an issue with an 18M slat conversion. Was a fairly easy fix but they offered to ship it to them and do it. Quick email response and follow up phone call to be sure it was resolved. Also read on website all equipment is now warrantied forever, regardless of where or when purchased. Rare indeed!

Scotty Rockets
04-10-2021, 06:12 AM
Sure cobra customer service is great but I can also assure everyone that the customer service for firetek and mongoose is also excellent. These other 2 companies deserve some love as well. These are the 3 companies I have experience with.

snickels
04-13-2021, 08:59 AM
Sure cobra customer service is great but I can also assure everyone that the customer service for firetek and mongoose is also excellent. These other 2 companies deserve some love as well. These are the 3 companies I have experience with.

I agree and will include Firefly too!

bigmike06
04-13-2021, 12:20 PM

I agree. I have received nothing but above and beyond customer service from Laurian with my FireTek system.

ssmith512
04-13-2021, 04:47 PM
Good to hear that quality customer service is alive and well. It's been a hard thing to find sometimes.

Indypyrodude
04-14-2021, 01:59 AM
I am a recent Cobra system owner. I started by trying to write some small scripts, however I was not able to get the script to load. Zach at Cobra bent over backwards helping me. We did finally figured out the computer I was using was writing the .csv file incorrectly. I switched computers and all is good.

Big thanks to Zach and the entire Cobra company.

I have since purchased 2 36m, & 6 18m’s. And applying for my Type54. I am very excited to shoot my 1st scripted show. Many thanks for the posts in this forum, which have help me quite a bit.

Engineer Cat
06-08-2021, 04:42 PM
I just want to throw Firelinx out there in the mix. I know this is the Cobra thread but those guys have responded to every single one of my emails quickly and with the answers I needed.

Hey Dave will Firelinx get a section on the forum?

displayfireworks1
06-08-2021, 05:40 PM
I just want to throw Firelinx out there in the mix. I know this is the Cobra thread but those guys have responded to every single one of my emails quickly and with the answers I needed.

Hey Dave will Firelinx get a section on the forum?
I know I already have some sub-forum specific firing systems setup from years back, I am still ambivalent about continuing to do that going forward. Looking at it from an administrative point of view, most times, running the forums with fewer categories is sometimes better. This is something I discuss with my advertisers. If you include the word Firelinx anywhere in your post it will show up in a search function using the word "Firelinx".
On a side note , to hear advanced fireworks users speak highly of customer service on these systems , is good to hear and sets the bar high for any new systems entering the market.

Engineer Cat
06-09-2021, 03:56 AM
I know I already have some sub-forum specific firing systems setup from years back, I am still ambivalent about continuing to do that going forward. Looking at it from an administrative point of view, most times, running the forums with fewer categories is sometimes better. This is something I discuss with my advertisers. If you include the word Firelinx anywhere in your post it will show up in a search function using the word "Firelinx".

Understandable when it comes to categories on the forum.

On a side note , to hear advanced fireworks users speak highly of customer service on these systems , is good to hear and sets the bar high for any new systems entering the market.

Trying to get support for anything these days is difficult. Seems like all these guys providing systems in the hobby love what they do. It really is a great advantage to have them attentive to our questions or issues and not just blow us off like so many other products that are non pyro related.

Indypyrodude
07-05-2021, 05:46 PM
Everyone,

I just wanted to express my overall gratitude to All of the folks at Cobra. This is the 1st year I used this system. I was able to put together a mini (17min) pyro musical (8 hours to wire up). The show and music were synchronized to the best of my amateur abilities. When time to fire the show went off exactly as it was scripted. Everything fired and the crowd around the pond was screaming with excitement.

Also, a special shout out to Dennis Lynch who helped me with getting my Type 54 an all of a AP products that rounded out my show.

Also, thanks to all who post here I have learned so much.

I will have video of the show posted later.

Happy Shooting to all.

displayfireworks1
07-06-2021, 09:04 AM
Always nice to hear this , it sounds like you are on your way, ATF license, wireless fireworks firing systems etc. Post some pictures and videos when you find time.

mguerra
07-06-2021, 11:25 AM
On the Fourth, I had a question about our 18M modules and any internal shunts that may or may not exist. We had lightning storms in the area. I put in a call to Cobra around 5PM Central, and Scott Smith called me back in about 10 minutes. And by the way we had 100% fire of all the product with our 14 Cobra modules and 500 plus shells and cakes.

sethof
07-06-2021, 09:39 PM
At midnight on the 3rd I thought I had bricked my 18R2 while upgrading to the 6.0.x firmware, I mistakenly called the emergency number reserved for show emergencies and got an immediate response even though the issue I described was not.
I consider that to be the ultimate customer support.

Rick_In_Tampa
07-07-2021, 04:48 AM
Last Wednesday the 30th my buddy was test-firing his script and it would stop running after the first channel fired. He called Scott and Scott did some troubleshooting with him, and they determined that maybe the 18R2 keypad was dirty. So my buddy took it apart, and sure enough, there was some gunk on the bottom of some of the contacts. So he cleaned it off, put it back together, and it worked like a champ. He called Scott back to let him know that solved the problem, and Scott said he didn't want to trust that, and he was sending him a new 18R2 just to be on the safe side. My buddy kept saying no, he ran the script successfully 3 times in a row, and he's comfortable it will work on July 4th. Scott said he wasn't comfortable with it, and he sent him the new 18R2 anyway!

That's pretty freaking awesome in my book. When the owner of the company insists you get new equipment when you're satisfied with the old equipment.