PDA

View Full Version : Media player

cody138
04-02-2021, 01:15 AM
Ok so what media player is everyone using to shoot pyromusicals with. I'm talking with SMPTE time code and cobra? Virtual DJ, windows media player etc.

Scotty Rockets
04-02-2021, 08:15 AM
You can run audio with smpte time code on almost any device and player. I have fed smpte channel from a Smart phone, tablet and a Macbook to the firing system. One crappy thing about smpte stereo is you’ll always get that faint annoying fax machine sounding beeps bleed though into the sound track channel. Only noticeable if you have a silent lead up or part in the track though, but still annoying.

esgrillo
04-02-2021, 11:00 AM
Running SMPTE time code from the audiobox to handle the DMX feed but the audiobox handles the rest of the audio natively of course. Scotty is correct about the faint noise bleeding through however I use a Rosendahl MIF4 to convert the timecode to MIDI for my DMX software. That device allows you to modulate the signal timecode signal. Combine that with the L & R modulation on the audiobox output, I don't have any timecode noise feeding to my audio system

cody138
04-02-2021, 04:46 PM
Ok im new to this and just started playing with show creator, have not received my order of modules and remote yet to hook anything up. I'm not using the audio box just feeding code through laptop and was not sure how to go about this.

esgrillo
04-02-2021, 06:12 PM
Ok im new to this and just started playing with show creator, have not received my order of modules and remote yet to hook anything up. I'm not using the audio box just feeding code through laptop and was not sure how to go about this.

so what are you actually trying to do? Synch music with your 18R2 without an audiobox? Did you get the 18R2 with timecode output?

cody138
04-02-2021, 10:59 PM
Yes I bought the 18 R 2 with SMPTE built in, I purchased cobra show creator as well, I have downloaded audacity and have already scripted a show but until I get my mods and remote I can't play anymore so I am not sure how everything ties together.

esgrillo
04-03-2021, 12:12 AM
Yes I bought the 18 R 2 with SMPTE built in, I purchased cobra show creator as well, I have downloaded audacity and have already scripted a show but until I get my mods and remote I can't play anymore so I am not sure how everything ties together.

have you seen this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afqIcHP1frE&ab_channel=cobrafiringsystems

cody138
04-03-2021, 08:10 AM
I knew I seen a video a while back about it but could not find it, so you just run it through show creator, awesome. I did not think that would work due to no wifi on shoot sites.