PDA

View Full Version : M25 airbursts

PyroNASH
03-13-2021, 01:30 PM
I just stopped in at my local store and bought a case of m25s. The owner said get em while you can because they are becoming illegal, along with consumer quick fuse. Is there any truth to this or was it a ploy to get me to buy stuff.

displayfireworks1
03-13-2021, 02:45 PM
Let the major fireworks trade organizations worry about what is or is not whatever. The industry as a whole will adapt. The real problem of late is getting the stuff made , inspected and out of China. Once its in United States , its good.

Scotty Rockets
03-13-2021, 08:27 PM
Short answer yes and it’s a China thing not a US thing. Quick fuse is selling for $13 for 20’. The problem is that fuse cannot no longer be shipped mixed and would have to ship as its own container. Airburst cakes that’s a whole entirely different issue by the CIQ. Recently there are some positives but it could indeed be gone it’s class is 1.4 articles of pyrotechnics un431 and very well could be reassigned as 1.3.

PyroNASH
03-13-2021, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have been hearing different things from one person to the next and figured you guys on here would have better information.

Another thing I wanted to ask about is 1.4 quick match. I have a wholesaler I go to and was thinking of purchasing it but I've read it's super violent when it burns, what's your thoughts on the stuff.

displayfireworks1
03-13-2021, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the replies. I have been hearing different things from one person to the next and figured you guys on here would have better information.

Another thing I wanted to ask about is 1.4 quick match. I have a wholesaler I go to and was thinking of purchasing it but I've read it's super violent when it burns, what's your thoughts on the stuff.

Go back and watch some of my videos. You need to do some homework. Then when you purchase quick match you know what questions to ask. We have no idea what version of quick match is sold throughout United States at various distributors. For the most part, most distributors do not even know what version of quick match they are selling. You live in Michigan , if you are at least 21 or older you should probably get ATF licensed and purchase quick match etc from reputable 1.3 distributors. The short answer for quick match is, if the stands are gray or gray looking gray disguised with black charcoal tint , it is going to be violently fast and will skip past Visco.

jknepp1954
03-14-2021, 09:13 AM
Mr Tanner of the Tannerite products talked to me a few months ago. China will NOT make the airburst cakes - that was in Oct of last year. if that stays - he is going to look towards India or some other country to mfg. Yes - this is a China thing - not US. I don't get the big deal - but China is making it a big deal. So i guess wait and see.... in the meantime - if you find a supplier who has the Tannerite un0431 cakes - get them.

RalphieJ
03-14-2021, 12:09 PM
Mr Tanner of the Tannerite products talked to me a few months ago. China will NOT make the airburst cakes - that was in Oct of last year. if that stays - he is going to look towards India or some other country to mfg. Yes - this is a China thing - not US. I don't get the big deal - but China is making it a big deal. So i guess wait and see.... in the meantime - if you find a supplier who has the Tannerite un0431 cakes - get them.

Doesn't Korea manufacture fireworks anymore? I recall some excellent quality 3" and 4" ball shells from Korea...........they were distinctive as they were finished with a glossy turquoise lacquer. Might they be a source?

displayfireworks1
03-14-2021, 03:16 PM
Its not about what country has the knowledge to make fireworks. China knows how to make them and does a dam good job at it. It is about the category Articles of Pyrotechnics . Inspection. Labeling , Shipping etc. China will probably make and ship that cake all day long if it gets classified as a 1.3 product.

BMoore
03-15-2021, 10:14 AM
Fuse has been a tricky subject for years. Supposedly, China has been hesitant to sell bulk fuse under the belief that the purchasers will use it to manufacture their own fireworks rather than buy from China. This year I'm hearing that China cut/stopped fuse production in order to focus on getting caught up on firework manufacturing. If true that may not be such a bad thing.

I expect all these issues to eventually work themselves out, but right now just getting product shipped is the real issue. The pandemic has caused a major supply & demand issue that weighs heavily in China's favor. Once things settle down and the power shifts back towards the purchaser look for some of these other issues to start getting resolved one way or the other.

Stufotz
01-26-2022, 06:13 PM
So, as near as I can tell the supply of M-25’s has dried up. Any word on production this year?

Scotty Rockets
01-27-2022, 04:12 AM
With the current Chinese shipping regulations they’re never coming back. At the very least not as 1.4 un431

Stufotz
01-27-2022, 10:57 PM
With the current Chinese shipping regulations they’re never coming back. At the very least not as 1.4 un431

I think you’re right…..but I hope you’re not.

BMoore
01-28-2022, 10:07 AM
The situation now is probably not indicative of the future. China has instituted new regulations every year but money talks and the importers had the power to influence changes in our favor to keep items coming. Since the pandemic, the supply/demand is skewed so far in China's favor that the importers and customers can do little other than be appreciative of what product we are able to get. I strongly suspect that once the pendulum swings back towards the purchaser you'll see a lot of these situations get remedied. The only question is how long will that take?

Scotty Rockets
01-28-2022, 05:52 PM
The situation now is probably not indicative of the future. China has instituted new regulations every year but money talks and the importers had the power to influence changes in our favor to keep items coming. Since the pandemic, the supply/demand is skewed so far in China's favor that the importers and customers can do little other than be appreciative of what product we are able to get. I strongly suspect that once the pendulum swings back towards the purchaser you'll see a lot of these situations get remedied. The only question is how long will that take?

Good luck… with more and more factories being shut down every year it’s gonna continue to get worse. China has become more and more cognizant of safety and much more focus has been in the tech industry. From 10 years ago until now more than half the factories half been shut down, and it continues.

jknepp1954
04-07-2022, 09:24 PM
Just to put it out there - Tannerite M25 airbursts series are no longer being made.
I had an email from a tannerite company rep to verify this. They are pursuing only their line of 1.4g consumer fireworks line.
AGAIN - TANNERITE M25S NO MORE!

Birdman
04-07-2022, 10:45 PM
Just to put it out there - Tannerite M25 airbursts series are no longer being made.
I had an email from a tannerite company rep to verify this. They are pursuing only their line of 1.4g consumer fireworks line.
AGAIN - TANNERITE M25S NO MORE!

Not surprised by this at all but thanks for providing some closure.

displayfireworks1
04-08-2022, 07:29 PM
I may still have one of these 100 shot ones left. Here is my video from 2019. A few people back then were whining about the price I remember. I think the problem now is getting them shipped into the country. Once they are in the country, its all good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7XfbK7ueyg

Engineer Cat
04-29-2022, 04:13 PM
This cake was brought to my attention. Supposed to be "air burst" It's only $14 at AWF, the place I saw it at wanted $35. Not that this compares to tannerite stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjS_2kD-GpI&t=1s

esgrillo
04-29-2022, 09:09 PM
This cake was brought to my attention. Supposed to be "air burst" It's only $14 at AWF, the place I saw it at wanted $35. Not that this compares to tannerite stuff.

Wouldnt be half bad with a case or 2 going off at the same time

cduesman
04-29-2022, 10:34 PM
It will be interesting to see video of the Pulse Pounder that's actually shipped/sold in the US. (I only see the one video and we don't know if that's the US production run.)

Chris

displayfireworks1
04-30-2022, 06:50 AM
It will be interesting to see video of the Pulse Pounder that's actually shipped/sold in the US. (I only see the one video and we don't know if that's the US production run.)

Chris

I have some Winda products making their way to me from China. Should arrive mid June. I'll let you know if this one is in the mix.

Engineer Cat
05-01-2022, 07:46 PM

Chris

I did see them on the shelf at the store I was at in south eastern PA last week right on the New Jersey boarder. However that doesn't really answer your question as to what the production run of the US version sounds like.

Birdman
05-01-2022, 08:31 PM
Saw the demo video of Pulse Pounder and have been hoping to get my hands on one to try. I was thinking these could be nice in a finale if grouped in numbers.

MichalMyg
05-03-2022, 04:44 AM
Nice to see this post here and thanks for sharing this to us.

RalphieJ
05-04-2022, 10:32 AM
It's easy to make your own.........16's, 25's 100's.......

EdwardH
06-10-2022, 10:09 AM
Thank you for the information. Very unfortunate to hear, but appreciate it.

Jay_
06-10-2022, 10:57 AM
I picked up a case of the PP’s. Plan to demo one tonight and see if it hits. Have seen some recent vids with mixed results. Will report back with factory code on case if mine are any good.

jdels
06-10-2022, 02:32 PM
I picked up a case of the PP’s. Plan to demo one tonight and see if it hits. Have seen some recent vids with mixed results. Will report back with factory code on case if mine are any good.

Please do! I passed on some because of the uncertainty. Thanks.

Rick_In_Tampa
06-10-2022, 04:41 PM
I've got 5 M25 cakes in my show this year. Leftovers from 2 years ago. It's a shame you can't get them anymore.

Jay_
06-11-2022, 11:43 PM
So I demoed one of my pulse pounders tonight finally. I mean.....it was ok. Definitely not a thunder king, but also definitely not the watered down thunder Kat that we all bought either. Some shots are louder than others, but it does not have that thump that cakes like S/L and C/F have.

My cake lasted FOREVER...like 45 seconds or so. I am going to put the rest of the case somewhere in my finale, but I'm going to put at least 4 igniters in them to speed them up. If you can pick one up for under or around $10 then they are probably worth that. Just don't expect it to be rattling windows a block away.

My case factory code/date code is 40F146/066/21. Ill post the vid tomorrow.

Engineer Cat
06-12-2022, 03:18 AM
So I demoed one of my pulse pounders tonight finally. I mean.....it was ok. Definitely not a thunder king, but also definitely not the watered down thunder Kat that we all bought either. Some shots are louder than others, but it does not have that thump that cakes like S/L and C/F have.

My cake lasted FOREVER...like 45 seconds or so. I am going to put the rest of the case somewhere in my finale, but I'm going to put at least 4 igniters in them to speed them up. If you can pick one up for under or around $10 then they are probably worth that. Just don't expect it to be rattling windows a block away.

My case factory code/date code is 40F146/066/21. Ill post the vid tomorrow.

Great info. Looking forward to your video to see how different it is from the demo one. The place I saw them at wanted $35 each retail.

Jay_
06-12-2022, 10:29 AM
Here is the vid. If you have a set of HQ headphones, the sound on the vid is right on with what it actually sounds like in person.

https://youtu.be/Qi_azHzA3XE

jdels
06-12-2022, 11:04 AM
Thanks Jay!