PDA

View Full Version : fireTEK sneak peak Black Friday Sale Prices

ohpyro
11-25-2020, 12:02 AM
Here is a sneak peak at the fireTEK Black Friday Sale.

https://firetekfiringsystem.com/black-friday-sale/

CozmicRooster
11-25-2020, 01:16 AM
What does the Pro Package come with that the Pro Module does not?

Scotty Rockets
11-25-2020, 02:40 AM

The Pro package includes a small 4 button remote and an external trigger option.

bigmike06
11-25-2020, 01:45 PM
Whats anyone's opinion of the internal vs external antenna? I thought I read that the farthest distance someone tested line of sight was a Mile? That would cover 99% of anyone using the system. I'm sure there are company's that shoot over huge shoot sites, but for the average user internal seems to be sufficient. Is there other benefits of the external, other then it cost quadruple to upgrade later down the road vs at time of purchase?

Scotty Rockets
11-25-2020, 04:36 PM
Whats anyone's opinion of the internal vs external antenna? I thought I read that the farthest distance someone tested line of sight was a Mile? That would cover 99% of anyone using the system. I'm sure there are company's that shoot over huge shoot sites, but for the average user internal seems to be sufficient. Is there other benefits of the external, other then it cost quadruple to upgrade later down the road vs at time of purchase?

The range with the internal antenna is very good. Dave here featured a video on the older original 48e module range test https://youtu.be/CeNs15H8seY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeNs15H8seY&feature=youtu.be

I do advise everyone to elevate the module, which is shown on the video above. fireTEK also uses mesh wireless technology which gives you hops from each module in the network.

Scotty Rockets
11-25-2020, 04:41 PM
For added distance I do recommend having one module with an external antenna, the mesh will take care of the other modules in the network getting a good signal.

ohpyro
11-25-2020, 06:50 PM

The package comes with a small remote and external trigger, the Pro Module does not come with that small remote and external trigger.

topshelfpyro
11-25-2020, 08:09 PM

Personally I always add the external antenna. Probably don't need it but for the $, for me, it's a no brainer.

OhmsOutlaw
11-25-2020, 08:23 PM
Is the external antenna recommended when using the protective cover?

Scotty Rockets
11-25-2020, 08:30 PM
Is the external antenna recommended when using the protective cover?

No, the cover?s material will not hinder the wireless signal.

WithReport
11-26-2020, 03:06 AM
Most of my fireTEK modules have an external antenna. But the nice thing about internal antennas, is it is one less thing to loose or to get damaged - there is a convenience there by design :cool: .

I've lost a few antennas on a few different systems. Twice I have loaned a system out and it was returned without an antenna. :(

Although people want the external antenna, for most of our situations, the internal antenna will suffice.

If you want an example, the show below is from last year. It was 77 fireTEK modules on the fireTEK Wireless Mesh Network. 70 of those module were INTERNAL ANTENNAS (That is 70 antennas to not worry about :) ). And those 70 modules were placed on the ground. - Seemed to work well and the designers and crew walked away with awards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d0OaTkEi6U&feature=youtu.be

if you are not familiar with the rules of Pyronale and wonder where the music is at the beginning, it is part of the judging approach

The teams receive guidelines and a financial budget. The creative pyrotechnic overall composition must include the following points:

Set part (2 parts):

1. part: 1 minute firework without musical accompaniment but with a color specification

2. part: 4 minutes with the music specification, a specially composed pop/rock anthem, which is set for all teams

freestyle: 10 minutes of fireworks with free development and self-chosen music (10 hours of popular works by classical composers) under the theme Pyronale Classics.

WithReport
11-26-2020, 03:47 AM
Oh, here is the picture of the controller from the Pyronale show with fireTEK:

Here is a stack of the older FTH modules - there are 25 in the photo. They are all internal antenna FTH modules.

To give you a reference of size, that whole stack of 25 modules is 23 inches long, 8 inches high and 8 inches deep. That is 12,000 cues that could easily back in a travel case (The FTQ module with more cues is even smaller). Now there are cables and rails to include but I usually put all my rails in one or two plastic ammo boxes to give you an idea of the volume (The FTQ rails are also smaller, too)

For reference here are about 30 other modules in the back of my car taking up quite a bit more room and less than half the cues.

I've personally grown to like the compactness the fireTEK modules.

WithReport
11-26-2020, 04:15 AM
....That is 1,200 cues that could easily pack in a travel case....

Who is counting anyways :(

Scotty Rockets
11-26-2020, 08:36 AM
The sale is now live. Happy shopping people. I might just purchase the 32 cue FTQ pro to
add to my equipment, that free DMX and 6 months of finale 3D is very enticing. Don’t forget to pick up some firewire initiators, I believe that may be the best online pricing currently.

bigmike06
11-26-2020, 02:09 PM
Got my order in. Now we wait. :cool:

Scotty Rockets
11-26-2020, 03:59 PM
Awesome, you’re gonna love it! I ordered a pro 32 cue module, the free DMX and the finale 3D offer sold me. The finale 3D for 6 months is $170 and normal dmx option is $199.

bigmike06
11-26-2020, 04:42 PM
I think I will, after reading and watching everything I could find on the system. I bit the bullet and went all in on the pro advanced 512 package. Figured might as well take advantage of the free dmx. Also I won't have to try integrating my cobra system in with the firetek system. Writing a script for one system is enough work. Can't wait to get my hands on it in a few weeks.

topshelfpyro
11-26-2020, 04:56 PM
I think I will, after reading and watching everything I could find on the system. I bit the bullet and went all in on the pro advanced 512 package. Figured might as well take advantage of the free dmx. Also I won't have to try integrating my cobra system in with the firetek system. Writing a script for one system is enough work. Can't wait to get my hands on it in a few weeks.

Your gonna love it! I'm adding several 64 pros myself during this. So exciting to buy yourself Christmas presents!

CozmicRooster
11-26-2020, 09:25 PM
How do you get the FTKontrol app?

Scotty Rockets
11-26-2020, 11:14 PM
How do you get the FTKontrol app?

Ask here, they will be able to help with that.

https://firetekfiringsystem.com/

Scotty Rockets
11-27-2020, 05:12 PM
So I grabbed a FTQ 32pro module. The sale price + DMX free upgrade + 6 months of finale 3D software, it’s just to good of a deal to pass up. Now I did have to get a gaming card for my PC to run finale but I can’t wait to play with finale 3D.

OhmsOutlaw
12-18-2020, 02:08 PM
Anyone's order move past processing yet?

CozmicRooster
12-18-2020, 03:19 PM
Anyone's order move past processing yet?

Initiators shipped but are delayed in route due to heavy shipping traffic. No modules shipped yet though.

fireTEK
12-18-2020, 05:08 PM
Some orders with modules will be shipped next week and the rest after the Christmas. All orders will be shipped express and you should get it before NYE.
Thanks for understanding.

OhmsOutlaw
12-18-2020, 10:28 PM
Thanks for the responses!