PDA

View Full Version : Pink Visco!

BigMO
02-27-2011, 06:13 PM
I fused a rack of shells using the Pink visco from Pyro Direct and I know that this isn't the fastest stuff in the world, but it shoot a 20 rack with in 10-15 seconds. At this speed why would you you use the grey fast fuse?

PKMF
02-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Sky puke finale is a good reason to use the gray fast fuse. I have also used I for mine a comet racks when you need to get a more instantaneous shot.

PKMF
02-27-2011, 07:08 PM
Here is a picture of a couple poor mans mine racks. In the pic I have then fused up with yellow visco (2 sec per foot I think). It was way to slow for that long of mine run so the next year I used the gray fast fuse and I gave me a much better effect.

Long Mine Racks.JPG

I guess it won't let me attach it. I will send you a link.

fogle22
02-27-2011, 10:12 PM
Try using the pink fuse for the 1st half of the rack and the gray fuse on the last half to speed up the finale rack.

PyroJoeNEPA
02-28-2011, 11:48 AM
I've put two strands of the pink visco together in my own 3/8" rolled kraft paper sleeves [poor mans 1.4 grade quickmatch] and it works great. Just cut a slit in the sleeve, insert mine-or shell fuse [I use the pink visco for my mines, too] and seal it with a piece of "Dave Tape".
You can get the sleeves from PyroDirect or make them very easily by cutting brown craft paper into 3 foot x 1 1/4" wide. Fold it at 1/2" mark & overlap 1/2" flap. Use school supply paper glue stick to seal the 1/4" flap. It makes a pipe 1/2" flat--actually about 3/8" dia. when you open it up.Works great!

PS--thanks for the video tip on where to buy the brown tape Dave. Perhaps you should feature that video for those that haven't come across it yet.

Pyro Nation
03-01-2011, 03:19 AM
I got some of the kraft paper... LOVE IT

$/\/\0|<E
03-01-2011, 10:53 AM
I like using foil tape . Fast fuse is the way to go on any finale / mine / shell piece .