PDA

View Full Version : Selling fireworks on youtube.

displayfireworks1
01-10-2012, 10:10 PM
These video have been posted since 2009. This person obviously is selling fireworks in Flint Michigan illegally until just recently . If you watch closely, he has 1.3 salutes shells and large ground salutes. He then does a few demo videos.
You can clearly see who he is, he tells you in the video is from Flint Michigan and he has the best prices in the city. Illegal fireworks sales occur throughout the United States all the time, particularly in states that have restrictive laws.
Putting all you feelings aside about this behavior, what is he doing that will get him into the most serious legal trouble?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9niIoG5xJU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsW1X1YYGbw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNjTsCUxu20

J's12talk
01-10-2012, 10:17 PM
I think fastest way to get a cavity search would be the ground salutes followed but the 1.3g product.

Pyro Nation
01-10-2012, 11:38 PM
Well, what isnt he doing that can get him into trouble... I would not want to be any where near or associated with him when this goes wrong

crackerbomb
01-11-2012, 01:36 AM
It people like this that makes it hard for the guys that do it the correct way.

Robertlopez
01-11-2012, 05:14 AM
if you think that man had a lot of fireworks in San Jose three years ago they bused a man with 16 self storage units full of fireworks the one mistake that he made was he told his friend who was a off duty bomb squad technician.

Palermitano2
01-11-2012, 11:12 AM
From what I can see he is not offering bogo thats 1 mistake. he is not offering fuse thats 2 and he is not offering DMT. He wouldnt get my business.......lol .......I hope they caught this punk!

PyroJoeNEPA
01-11-2012, 11:33 AM
What an IDIOT! you can even see his house number [3112] behind him--and it looks like a name under that! I wonder if he made enough to pay for the fines he will be slapped with? "dinomite" ROFL! What is even more stupid is all the guys that posted their email addresses on youtube for him to contact them....wonder which one was "big brother"?

PyroJoeNEPA
01-11-2012, 11:35 AM
if you think that man had a lot of fireworks in San Jose three years ago they bused a man with 16 self storage units full of fireworks the one mistake that he made was he told his friend who was a off duty bomb squad technician.

With friends like that who needs enemies!!!

Palermitano2
01-11-2012, 04:15 PM
With friends like that who needs enemies!!!

LMAO.....so true! AMICI E GUARDATE !

Pyro Nation
01-11-2012, 05:59 PM

WOW.... choice word I would use, but not nice for the forum..lol... He would be off my christmas list..lol

displayfireworks1
01-12-2012, 12:16 AM
The biggest thing this guy is doing wrong in this video is he is selling illegally made very large firecrackers plus he is selling 1.3 fireworks. If he were just selling 1.4 fireworks in an area where consumer fireworks are not legal, it would not be such a big deal. When you start selling M-80’s and larger clandestinely made explosive devices, you can get in big trouble with the Alcohol Tobacco & Firearms. Additional they can tack on storage violation and if he sells to someone with a known criminal record, it can just go on and on. Now that we see a child in the picture, we can add on the legal charge “Reckless Endanger, “Risking a Catastrophe”. Etc.
The one think in his favor may be most police do not know all of this; they may write it off as just catching someone selling fireworks and confiscate them without calling the ATF in to further add charges for the 1.3 items.
While some of you may despise what this man is doing, there are many big name companies in the business right now that got their start from selling fireworks in areas that did not allow fireworks. Please do not mention any names.
Every time I see one of the fireworks bust videos on youtube I always look to see if there is any 1.3 product or large salutes. When I see 1.3 items and they are selling them I know that can be big trouble.
I assume the ATF has bigger fish to fry or they would have come after this dude over the last three years this video has been around. Those cakes he had did look like good ones I wonder how much he wanted for them.LOL

Robertlopez
01-12-2012, 04:01 AM
he would probably give you the Displayfireworks discount :)

jknepp1954
01-12-2012, 05:55 AM
....While some of you may despise what this man is doing, there are many big name companies in the business right now that got their start from selling fireworks in areas that did not allow fireworks. Please do not mention any names. .....

BOY - how true that is. I ran out of fingers and toes knowing the companies that started out that way. ;)
But the good news is these companies are top notched and reputable companies in the industry now.

NW Fireworks Lover
01-12-2012, 07:49 PM
There's always gonna be bootleggers, but this guy really didn't care about being incognito!

pyromaniac
01-17-2012, 05:02 PM
I bet one reason he didn't get busted yet, is that he lives in Flint,MI. They have one of the highest crime rates in the US. The local police are probably overwhelmed with more serious crimes. Someone lighting fireworks doesn't sound so bad compared to thugs selling drugs and shooting up your neighborhood! He will eventually get caught, probably due to his cockiness from getting away with shit for so long or someone getting seriously hurt! I wonder if the ATF can trace those 1.3g products back to their source? Not like it really matters, cause he'll be singing like a bird once he finds out how much time he's facing in prison!

VTcakeBOSS
01-29-2012, 08:09 PM
He is in a state where it was illeagal to purchase, he didn't have a his ATF license (just a guess),he had 1.3 class out of storage and he was in a residental area!!! not to mention he was trying to Sell these without proper resale paperwork no doubt and was dumb enough to tell everyone they were forsale, show his face/residence and e-mail address... this guy must not have the most important thing to me in life and thats his freedom!! And if he does I hope he learned his lesson... I love doing things the right way and making others happy but It wont be possible f people like this just throw it away for everyone who respects the privlege.

SITHADMIRAL
02-28-2012, 03:34 AM
All I have to say is he better be paying taxes on his income from fireworks sales or the IRS will nab his behind. Cause the cops won't bother with little crap like him. They have more important things to worry about.

Easternpapyro
02-28-2012, 11:47 AM
well all i can say is wow what a idiot almost would think he is joking but lack of brain cells show hes is completly serious people like this need to be taken off the street just makes it harder for all of us good people

TitaniumsalTDI
03-23-2012, 11:17 AM
big ass pack of m-80s. rofl! he's the reason 1.3 and the rest of fireworks are given such a black eye to the hobby!!!

VFI_Fireworks
05-15-2012, 08:10 PM
I think you guys are being way to hard on the entrepreneur, he is just trying to feed his family it is very apparent in the video that drug sales in his neighborhood are down and there is a need for supplemental income...

indianahx
05-15-2012, 11:18 PM
I think you guys are being way to hard on the entrepreneur, he is just trying to feed his family it is very apparent in the video that drug sales in his neighborhood are down and there is a need for supplemental income...

Pretty unnecessary stereotyping there....

VFI_Fireworks
05-16-2012, 07:44 AM
Your reading into my statement assuming sterotyping! You assumed that this kind and hardworking individual has something to do with drugs. If you know anything about Flint Michigan it's synonymous with gangs and drugs. I am assuming that in this case with hard economic times all around us , he is in fact looking to supplement his income. I guess you'll next say I'm racist because he is a black man.

Pretty unnecessary statement>>> indianahx

What you did is nothing more than me calling you a hoosier fan because your from indiana.

smilli
05-18-2012, 06:29 AM
Also a problem that accurres a lot in Europe, a lot of online webshops these days show their illegal fireworks stashes and shoot them off to show you how good their products are.
Main problem is that they sell even 1.1 fireworks to a 12 year old and support buyers to make videos shooting off their material for advertisement.

indianahx
05-18-2012, 10:15 PM
...calling you a hoosier fan because your from indiana.

but that works out because I am a hoosier faithful...

SilverBullet Pyro
06-26-2012, 06:16 PM
I used to be associated with someone like this but when i started to learn more about fireworks i stopped buying didnt want to get in the middle of his illegal actions

nitro25
06-29-2012, 09:54 AM
Lets just say I am glad to live on the West side of the state!! Flint is just as bad as Detroit, if not worse!! Seeing on how our law just changed on January 1, 2012 on the use of consumer fireworks and this video is from a few years ago, everything here is illegal!! I will tell you this though, now that 1.4 is legal, it is easier to find people to get the 1.3 from now. I personally will not do that, as I don't want to break the law, until I get the proper license that allows me to do that. Until then, I am fine with shooting the 1.4.

TNtwister
06-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Well, since the thread is awake again, i'll answer dave's initial question. "What could get this guy in the most trouble?"

Lighting a quick matched shell with a Bic lighter while leaning over the tube with his video camera....if having parts of your face blown off is "in trouble"

mfmacdaddy
06-30-2012, 12:22 AM

U had me Lmfao ..lol... I was crying... But seriously did anyone by chance get his number...jk jk jk the funny thing is I live in good o Massachusetts and everything is illegal but on the fourth the cops don't care I have 2 state troopers 3 local cops and the fire chief on my road. And they all pull out lawn chairs and watch me and my neighbour go at it we have a competition but my neighbour gets me because he has 1.3 3inch 4inch thunder kings and much more I can get 1.3 stuff easier than 1.4 but I don't cause I want to do it the right way.