PDA

View Full Version : Your first professional show?

pyromaniac
01-09-2012, 04:27 PM
To me its always interesting hearing about peoples first time working on a professional 1.3g firework show. If you really love fireworks, there is no way to explain the feeling you get when you're around them! My first shot at the "big league" was exactly that! I got to work on a crew that did the fireworks for the Cleveland Indians. Like I wasn't nervous enough around the fireworks, now I got 25,000 people starring at me! Not to mention I've been a huge tribe fan my whole life! The rest of the crew happen to ALL be Pittsburgh Pirate fans, except for the guy that's there every home game.(for the home runs) The show was a pyro-musical using pyrodigital equipment. Half the show was set up on the roof of the parking garage and the other half in the outfield. They used mostly 2.5",3",a few 4"shells, and a lot of cakes! All the fireworks in the outfield I believe were 1.4g AP items. Consisting mostly of comets, strobes, and a few cakes. We even had set pieces that spelled YMCA, its was an oldies theme night! They were made out of super fast gerbs and would flash to the music.Y-M-C-A The show turned out great! I also had one guy ask me if I done this before. I said "nope", just watched a lot of displayfireworks1 on YT.:D
So lets hear some others first experiences with professional fireworks. I'd imagine some of you it could be your own show. Here's my first show I worked on that I actually found on YT. Isn't technology great! You can hear the crowd get excited about the set pieces, but the camera-man was focused on the sky..:(
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSA6JJtAZ2w

Pyro Nation
01-09-2012, 05:33 PM
AWESOME.. my first 1.3G show was with 2 other guys... we were doing a show for a local country club on 4th of july... $8000 show which isnt to shabby... Lasted about 17 minutes.. We couldn't setup until 3pm since people were still golfing so we were trying to setup somewhat on the side.. Cleaning tubes out, getting racks put together, items like that.... once we got out there we got setup in 5 hrs and tested since all is electronic when ya work with CFI..lol....

Country club gave us a great dinner... Corn on the cob, ribs, chicken... show went well....

As ya said...we remember our first proudly...lol

PyroJoeNEPA
01-10-2012, 11:36 AM
The first time I was around professional fireworks was when I was a teenager back in the late 60's. I helped unload a truck & carry lance work set pieces to the setup area on the local football field. I also got the "privilege" to carry some of the small mortars [steel tubes back in those days] to the shoot position off the side of the track. The big guns were all buried in a field about a block away from the stadium. That was when multi break shells with bottom shots were the body of the show. Italian canister shells. [The laws were a lot less "protective" back then about being around pyro]. I was hooked!!! I am hooked!!! and I will continue to be hooked!!!

Pyro Nation
01-10-2012, 09:43 PM
WOW...60's... I wasnt even thought of yet...lol

crackerbomb
01-10-2012, 09:53 PM

You were just a figment of their imagination.....lol

PyroJoeNEPA
01-11-2012, 12:06 PM

Come on, now pyroliffic--let's have some respect for the "old guy"! I'd say I have firecrackers older than you but I would be lying---cuz I shot them all off! !!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! ROFL

Palermitano2
01-11-2012, 04:23 PM
I wish I could be part of this thread..........some day......soon i hope.........working hard at it........

Pyro Nation
01-11-2012, 05:55 PM
I wish I could be part of this thread..........some day......soon i hope.........working hard at it........

You will.... just keep on pushing forward...

PyroJoeNEPA
01-12-2012, 10:06 AM

You have Black Powder running thru your veins just like the rest of us!

Palermitano2
01-12-2012, 03:17 PM
You have Black Powder running thru your veins just like the rest of us!

I do ...i think I am pretty good and safe at the hobby too.....just Geographically unlucky.....but things should look up this year!