PDA

View Full Version : 62mm Single Shot - How Tight do Racks Need to Be

Bitzan
09-07-2020, 05:26 PM
So I am building some racks to hold 62mm Single Shot shells from Dominator (1.4 pro line) (like this https://americanwholesalefireworks.com/shells-62mm-various-colors-click-for-types/).

Intended construction is 2x4 rip cut to 2 7/8" wide. Top and bottom rails made out of 1x4.

First an admission - I am not overly talented at rip cutting with a circular saw... I tend to error on the side of being too wide. So, my first "prototype" rack is a little "loose" both in width and length.

What "rules of thumb" does everyone use when building racks? I assume its one of those "you know it when you see it" type things but any insight is appreciated. Also not sure if these "one-use" mortars need to be tighter or looser overall than the fiberglass / hdpe ones.

Thanks to all.

gnavarr
09-07-2020, 06:57 PM
So I am building some racks to hold 62mm Single Shot shells from Dominator (1.4 pro line) (like this https://americanwholesalefireworks.com/shells-62mm-various-colors-click-for-types/).

Intended construction is 2x4 rip cut to 2 7/8" wide. Top and bottom rails made out of 1x4.

First an admission - I am not overly talented at rip cutting with a circular saw... I tend to error on the side of being too wide. So, my first "prototype" rack is a little "loose" both in width and length.

What "rules of thumb" does everyone use when building racks? I assume its one of those "you know it when you see it" type things but any insight is appreciated. Also not sure if these "one-use" mortars need to be tighter or looser overall than the fiberglass / hdpe ones.

Thanks to all.

Like you, I've only got my circ saw whenever I need to rip something (I'll get a table saw eventually) and using a chalk line helped me out a lot in having more precise cuts.

esgrillo
09-07-2020, 07:57 PM
circular saw... I have one of those smaller ones... 4 1/2 blade. A lot easier to handle for ripping the 4x4s I have a table saw in my garage but too the small tool is handy. I show a couple pics of me making some small ones at the very beginning of my 2020 video and the saw I used.