PDA

View Full Version : What's the best Set piece you have done or seen?

nfbaker11
02-27-2011, 04:32 PM
One i help with was a tank shooting down a UfO. wish i had pic's of that:(

Griffin Milley
08-07-2011, 03:07 PM
Wow, heh, that sounds pretty cool!

I haven't seen anything that great really, where I live the only shows we get are little town ones that have a very small budget :/

PyroJoeNEPA
08-08-2011, 12:21 PM
When I was a kid back in the 50's they used to do the whole length of the football field with set pieces. They were a thing of art with the old Italian masters! I remember two tanks shooting at each other from opposite ends on the field & a man on a bicycle--the wheels turned as a person stood behind it & rolled it across the grass--that was impressive. I did a twin towers set piece this last 4th but that was very simple..audience liked it though-used the song "where were you" with it. Have seen video clips of some of the complex Mexican set pieces & changing wheels, but have not had the opportunity to see any of them in person [yet].

Griffin Milley
08-08-2011, 10:38 PM
hehe that's awesome! :) I really wasn't brought up around a lot of fireworks, unfortunately. I hope to learn some from this forum, and of course, Dave's videos!

Pyro Nation
08-08-2011, 11:22 PM
When I was a kid back in the 50's they used to do the whole length of the football field with set pieces. They were a thing of art with the old Italian masters! I remember two tanks shooting at each other from opposite ends on the field & a man on a bicycle--the wheels turned as a person stood behind it & rolled it across the grass--that was impressive. I did a twin towers set piece this last 4th but that was very simple..audience liked it though-used the song "where were you" with it. Have seen video clips of some of the complex Mexican set pieces & changing wheels, but have not had the opportunity to see any of them in person [yet].

Are you trying to say you are old...LOL

PyroJoeNEPA
08-09-2011, 09:55 AM
Are you trying to say you are old...LOL

Hmmmm--my body is 62 but my mind is 19!!!! Is that a formula for trouble--or what? ROFL!!!
I can still help unload and load a 25 foot truck full of racks--and I love doing it even though I feel it for days afterwards---but I do my best to "let" the young guys carry the 6's & 8's.

Age is a function of time & in my book time is irrelevant!!! But, you better believe I take every opportunity I have to do anything pyro related! So, no, I am not old, I have just been around a lot longer than most of my buddies on here!

PyroJoeNEPA
08-09-2011, 11:56 AM
Thought you might enjoy this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vd5Rm8F1jEg

PyroJoeNEPA
08-09-2011, 12:05 PM
Here is another amazing video. In the last half of the video you see two wheels--the one on the right side fires stray sparks over to the left wheel at 5:53 igniting part of that wheel prematurely. After those pieces burn out you see a man come up & light the left wheel, but it does not operate properly because of the "pre-burned" elements. Still, it looks great! Notice how dangerously close the spectators are to the fireworks. Never see that in USA!
Awesome lance work & color/effects changing. These big wheels are sometimes referred to as a "Catherine Wheel". Not really sure where the name came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Py5Zi_FL1uM&playnext=1&list=PL054E9B376642E5DC

Pyro Nation
08-09-2011, 07:45 PM
VERY NICE...thanks for the vid's

Palermitano2
08-09-2011, 10:08 PM
wow great stuff....

nfbaker11
08-10-2011, 07:09 PM
thanks very cool

Palermitano2
08-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Hmmmm--my body is 62 but my mind is 19!!!! Is that a formula for trouble--or what? ROFL!!!
I can still help unload and load a 25 foot truck full of racks--and I love doing it even though I feel it for days afterwards---but I do my best to "let" the young guys carry the 6's & 8's.

Age is a function of time & in my book time is irrelevant!!! But, you better believe I take every opportunity I have to do anything pyro related! So, no, I am not old, I have just been around a lot longer than most of my buddies on here!

Well Said Joe!!!!!!! Ciantanni!!!!!

Pyro Nation
08-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Yes well said.... Guess I cant say that YET...lol.. Ill be 34 on Aug 22nd.... So you have a few years on me...

PyroJoeNEPA
08-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Yes well said.... Guess I cant say that YET...lol.. Ill be 34 on Aug 22nd.... So you have a few years on me...
You shooting a bunch of pyro for your birthday? And I know your wife knows what your favorite "cake" is! LOL

Pyro Nation
08-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I have a bunch of items from tannerite...