PDA

View Full Version : Thank You to This Forum

Bitzan
08-10-2020, 05:05 PM
As many of you know I am newbie to the Pyro world. This last Friday (8/7) was my Mom's 90th birthday and I reached out to this forum with several questions as I wanted to do something special in the way of a small quick pyromusical for her. Bottom line was that Mom was thrilled beyond words saying it was her greatest birthday evet - and at 90 that is saying something.

I am posting this because I wanted to share Mom's happiness with YOU because YOU helped me make it happen. Specifically I want to say thank you to those who replied directly to what I am sure at times were silly questions: PyroKing31, Topshelfpyro, Tmwjr, PyroJoeNEPA, Esgrillo, Robbro097, WithReport, Rick_In_Tampa, Birdman, Arclight, and Bmoore. My apologies if I omitted someone. One of you even went so far as to drive over with a couple of racks so I didn't need to build them in a panic.

There aren't many words to describe my gratitude so allow me to use the two I was taught as a young man; thank you.

John

PyroKing31
08-10-2020, 05:24 PM
Glad it went well John and that your Mom loved it!

The silliest questions are the ones you do not ask. This forum is a wealth of knowledge and all of us would rather have you ask and be safe and know than assume and have an issue.

topshelfpyro
08-10-2020, 05:58 PM
Everyone here started without knowledge, some know more than others but most will try to help. Even with the occasional razzing or that DUH moments the only stupid question is the one that remains unasked

displayfireworks1
08-10-2020, 07:42 PM
Wow someone even drove some racks over to you, nice. I to am happy there are many knowledgeable members that are part of the pyrotalk forms. Thanks for sharing your mom's happy birthday.

tmwjr
08-10-2020, 08:29 PM
Very awesome sir! Get a video next time, please!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-11-2020, 05:24 AM
John - I am tickled pink to be associated with such a special day for such a special lady. The pyro community (on here anyway) is really a special breed of person. Rarely will you find someone unwilling to help, and worse yet, looking to cause trouble. Those folks usually don't last very long around here. So please don't ever be afraid to ask what you think might be a stupid question. Every one of us was "pyro stupid" at some point. This site exists to fix that. :cool:

Tell you mom happy birthday from us, and post a picture!!!

esgrillo
08-11-2020, 08:51 AM
Great to hear she enjoyed!

BMoore
08-11-2020, 09:00 AM
Glad to hear it went well! I'll turn it right around and thank you and all other newer people who ask the questions. That's what gets the conversations started!

PyroJoeNEPA
08-11-2020, 09:59 AM
I'm so glad to hear that everything went as planned and she had a day she will never forget! As the others have said, we are all here to help. We all started at "zero knowledge" in some point in time, and this forum will never belittle you for asking a question--no matter how simple, or complex it might be. We are all family in the pyro world!

snickels
08-11-2020, 03:51 PM
That is awesome! I love the fireworks world and how a lot people are willing to help each other out. I'm glad you found the help you needed! I recongize some of the names and that doesn't surprise me from any of them at all. Great group of people to be in contact with.

Birdman
08-12-2020, 12:06 PM
Glad to hear your show was a success and enjoyed by your mother. Now you have experience that you can share with others. That's how it works around here.