PDA

View Full Version : Cobra Show Creator - Do I Understand Timing Correctly?

Bitzan
08-02-2020, 09:06 PM
Please let me know if I am starting to understand this correctly:
If an "Event Time" is at 20:00 seconds
and the shell has an "igniter pre-fire" of 3 seconds and "lift time" of 2 seconds
then...
the "cue" will fire at 15 seconds (20 second event time minus 3 seconds of pre-fire and 2 seconds of lift-time)

Correct or not so much?

Birdman
08-02-2020, 09:56 PM
Correct. To see this just export your show and look at the cobra.csv file and you will see the actual time the cue will fire.

Bitzan
08-02-2020, 10:03 PM
Correct. To see this just export your show and look at the cobra.csv file and you will see the actual time the cue will fire.

Thank you! I am a newbie and still in "trial mode" so unable to export until I fork over my $65 :).

esgrillo
08-03-2020, 11:35 PM
Bitzan, I would recommend you leave both of those zero. The timeline can get very busy when you have a bunch of cues firing in close succession and it is really hard to see the small bars that are used to show prefire and lift.

Im doing 500+ cue shows and none of them have prefire/lift. You have to do the math anyway so I just subtract it from the cue time and know all the vertical lines are exactly where the cue should fire. Makes dry runs a lot easier to check as well.

I am sure a lot of others use those features but you really dont need to.