PDA

View Full Version : shell building class at kellners

TitaniumsalTDI
01-05-2012, 11:17 AM
Hello all,
I was just thinking yesterday has there ever been a shell building class at kellners on their demo weekend like the ones i've seen in daves video at the crackerjacks? I would really like to attend one and then that evening test out our creations. If that has never happened, how would one go about getting something like that together? I just think that would be an interesting addition to the shooters certification class and other events planned for that weekend.

pyromaniac
01-05-2012, 02:17 PM
Hello all,
I was just thinking yesterday has there ever been a shell building class at kellners on their demo weekend like the ones i've seen in daves video at the crackerjacks? I would really like to attend one and then that evening test out our creations. If that has never happened, how would one go about getting something like that together? I just think that would be an interesting addition to the shooters certification class and other events planned for that weekend.
Last year they had a Chinese shell building seminar. I don't think they built any shells tho. I know the PA-Pyro Artist run most of the events. Maybe send a email to Howard Fry(president) proposing the idea. I'm sure if we get enough people on board they would at least consider it. I wonder if the club itself holds a type 20 manufacturing license, or if one would even be needed to do such a thing..:confused: It wouldn't hurt to ask.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-05-2012, 02:54 PM
Last year they had a Chinese shell building seminar. I don't think they built any shells tho.
I was there for that seminar--no building--only video clips of the factory & processes they used in China & a Q&A session with their people. There were some "things" to be learned though.

J's12talk
01-05-2012, 10:45 PM
Last year they had a Chinese shell building seminar. I don't think they built any shells tho. I know the PA-Pyro Artist run most of the events. Maybe send a email to Howard Fry(president) proposing the idea. I'm sure if we get enough people on board they would at least consider it. I wonder if the club itself holds a type 20 manufacturing license, or if one would even be needed to do such a thing..:confused: It wouldn't hurt to ask.

Please do not mention this club online it is a major violation of club policy.

jknepp1954
01-06-2012, 11:16 AM
We can mention them - just not disclose address and publicly invite world wide web folks to events.
With that - PPA has a few members who have a type 20, just not sure if club itself has that licence. And yes - a type 20 lic would be needed for an endeavor like this.
Gosh - i hope I am saying all of this correctly - would hate to say something wrong... :(

pyromaniac
01-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Even if it was "club policy",I am not a member and can do as I please. I guess they should take their website down then,idiot..:p

Pyro Nation
01-06-2012, 05:01 PM
Even if it was "club policy",I am not a member and can do as I please. I guess they should take their website down then,idiot..:p

Slow down now... there is no need to call someone a idiot... Forum is a friendly place do NOT change that.... I dont want to put you in the corner with a time out

jknepp1954
01-06-2012, 06:46 PM
Even if the Pa Pyro Artists had a type 20 license - to put plans into effect this year along with Kellners open house probably won't work anyway. Bob K probably has his whole agenda/demos/PGI/seminars events and plans all chiseled into cement now as we speak.

jknepp1954
01-06-2012, 10:36 PM
I hope this isn't too premature - but i did pop Howard an email in this regards. If they can find a teacher for this, and Bob K oks it - might be just do able in April for that Sat of PGI classes. I will keep in touch...

J's12talk
01-06-2012, 11:24 PM
We can mention them - just not disclose address and publicly invite world wide web folks to events.
With that - PPA has a few members who have a type 20, just not sure if club itself has that licence. And yes - a type 20 lic would be needed for an endeavor like this.
Gosh - i hope I am saying all of this correctly - would hate to say something wrong... :(
I have a different take on the conversation they had about all this. The best course of action would be not to even bring them up. I'm not about to put my membership on the line.

jknepp1954
01-07-2012, 12:33 AM
for the Kellner Weekend event - it is advertised all over the place anyway. This is not a club shoot - but rather the PaPyro's are in charge of the many things going on at Kellners that weekend.

displayfireworks1
01-07-2012, 01:44 PM
My guess is Kellners Fireworks like other fireworks distributors is more about selling fireworks then teaching you how to make your own. Seek out someone like Skylighter that specializes in helping the do it yourselfer with fireworks. I expect to be working with Skylighter this year promoting some of his projects and reference material. The best way to start is to work with simple things to make then progress from there. Depending on where you live you can join a fireworks club like the Crackerjacks and help some of the more experienced shell builders work on their projects. Or just order some stuff from Skylighter and go it alone.
I do not know what that secret club J belongs to does, because it is a secret. LOL . All kidding a side, the club is the Pennsylvania Pyrotechnic Artist; they are just very selective about who joins their organization and do not want public invites to their events. There are very active group, they usually supervise things at Kellners Fireworks for their demo. My advise would be to attend the demo and approach one of them about membership.

pyromaniac
01-07-2012, 02:46 PM
I have a different take on the conversation they had about all this. The best course of action would be not to even bring them up. I'm not about to put my membership on the line.
The first rule of PAPyro Club is, that you do not talk about PAPyro Club! :eek: Even if they made such a rule, those rules would only apply to members. The only rules that count here are Dave's. If you read alot of firework related forums, there seems to always be a few that try to impose "THEIR" rules on others..:mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDqWAmvCf0o

for the Kellner Weekend event - it is advertised all over the place anyway. This is not a club shoot - but rather the PaPyro's are in charge of the many things going on at Kellners that weekend. Thank you for clearing things up!

J's12talk
01-07-2012, 05:26 PM
The first rule of PAPyro Club is, that you do not talk about PAPyro Club! :eek: Even if they made such a rule, those rules would only apply to members. The only rules that count here are Dave's. If you read alot of firework related forums, there seems to always be a few that try to impose "THEIR" rules on others..:mad:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDqWAmvCf0o
Thank you for clearing things up!

Nice to see someone work so hard to be a douch bag, keep up good work.

Pyro@Mach13
01-07-2012, 10:39 PM
can't we all just get along..... hahaha looking forward to Kellner's demo days this year again. I am still waiting for the flyer to be posted at their website to see what is on the agenda.

displayfireworks1
01-07-2012, 11:41 PM
That Fight Club reference and PA Pyro Artist is funny. Come now J relax he is just joking. I talked with the clubs president he is a great person. They keep us safe and allow us to have a good time at Kellners Fireworks demo every year.