PDA

View Full Version : Whistle Rockets

arial-shellz-R-US
01-04-2012, 09:23 PM
I am interested in making some 1lb whistling rockets. It is my understanding that a hydraulic press is necessary. Where can a cheap press be puchased/made at home? Any good compositions or tips, please reply
thx :cool:
-Shellz

crackerbomb
01-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I don't know if you have a Harbor freight close to you, but they have lower end tools that will get the job done.

Pyro Nation
01-04-2012, 10:34 PM
I love HARBOR FREIGHT..... Check online at there store as well, if they are not close to you... can catch some times with decent shipping

crackerbomb
01-04-2012, 11:10 PM
[QUOTE=pyroliffic;8077]I love HARBOR FREIGHT..... Check online at there store as well, if they are not close to you... can catch some times with decent shipping[/QUOTE
WOW, 2 GREAT MINDS THINKING ALIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

PyroJoeNEPA
01-05-2012, 01:35 PM
You are correct--a press is required for a whistle rocket. The comp is extremely pressure sensitive & can NOT be rammed like a traditional BP motor. Harbor Freight is a good source for an inexpensive press --however, you will need to add a safety shield to it-or any-press you set up. Check Skylighter [an advertiser here] for info on whistle & strobe rockets & tubes.
I'm not a rocket builder but I do know that --as with everything else in the pyro world--it requires the proper knowledge, tools, & safety procedures. This is where belonging to a local club comes in handy--you can learn a lot from others that have "been there & done that" without having to go through the long learning curve. And having a mentor is priceless!!