PDA

View Full Version : Using Old Fired Talon Wire

Bitzan
07-13-2020, 04:17 PM
First 30 days with my Cobra and new to the whole fireworks arena as well so please be patient with what I am sure will be my ignorance.

Any reason I can't use the wire from used Talons as short scab wire for extending my new talons?

Birdman
07-13-2020, 04:52 PM
No. I used wire from MJG's to lengthen some short wires i had.

See: http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/showthread.php?8002-7ft-or-15ft-MJG

PyroJoeNEPA
07-13-2020, 05:38 PM
I keep all the 5 meter ematch wires after I shoot them for scab wire. No issues. Been doing it for years.

Bitzan
07-13-2020, 08:38 PM
Thank you guys.

Arclight
07-14-2020, 12:36 AM
For blasting, it's usually against the safety rules to reuse connection/scab wire, as it gets beat up by the rock and debris and might cause a misfire. There should be nothing wrong with doing this for pyro. Just snip off anything that gets charred or destroyed.

BMoore
07-14-2020, 10:26 AM
I save 5M e-match wire to use as scab wiring. I think I have a few sections I've used up to 3 times. As long as your continuity checks out there should be no issues.

displayfireworks1
07-18-2020, 10:45 PM
When you budget allows buy a spool of fireworks wire. You can use used wire from spent E-Match , Talons etc. The more you use multiple scab wire on all those connections you increase the risk of errors. Particularly if multiple people are working on the display and start kicking wires. If you use scab wire figure someone may kick it and tape it in a way that strengthens the connection against pulling it apart.The Magic Tape work well for that also. LOL