PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take your 18r2 to arm?

Jay_
07-01-2020, 01:29 PM
When i shot my new year show this year, it took forever (as in a few minutes) for my remote to arm. All of the modules show armed, however the remote continued to blink.

Eventually i walked down close to the mods and got it (the remote) to arm after a little while.

Is this normal? Is it a signal problem?

I just did a test with my audiobox and it took 10 seconds to arm. I really don't care how long it takes to arm, I just want to make sure that its going to and that I don't have a problem.

PyroGyro
07-02-2020, 09:57 AM
When i shot my new year show this year, it took forever (as in a few minutes) for my remote to arm. All of the modules show armed, however the remote continued to blink.

Eventually i walked down close to the mods and got it (the remote) to arm after a little while.

Is this normal? Is it a signal problem?

I just did a test with my audiobox and it took 10 seconds to arm. I really don't care how long it takes to arm, I just want to make sure that its going to and that I don't have a problem.

First, it's probably best to reach out to Cobra support. That said, how long it takes to finish arming is directly related to how many mods you have. I have 7 mods and it takes about a minute to ARM all and go solid Red. Also, I'm not sure if signal level from the R2 to the mods makes a big difference in whether or not arming will occur quickly or not, but I suppose there's a possibility that one of your mods has a weak transceiver. I bought 7 mods from Cobra, one of them had weak signal issues so I had to replace it. I only discovered this by accident, as the module did work for me. You should test each mod individually(without a mesh network) for signal strength to see if any of your mods have this issue. Also your antennas should be pointing straight up in the sky for best signal.

https://help.cobrafiringsystems.com/support/solutions/articles/44001782686-i-think-my-18m-may-have-bad-signal-how-can-i-test-to-see-if-it-has-normal-signal-operation-

Jay_
07-02-2020, 02:41 PM
Thanks, I did call cobra support yesterday. Also thank you for sharing your time to arm. Makes me feel more comfortable now knowing that yours take roughly the same amount of time to arm.

The response that I got from Cobra was that it was a known issue and they will be addressing it in a future firmware update. Makes sense because when I was running 3.03 it seems like it armed nearly instantly.

I have 9 mods (13 banks) and an audiobox. If I am standing right on top of the modules it will arm in 30 seconds to a minute. The farther away that i am it takes a little while longer to arm.

I will test my mods for signal the next time i get a chance though.

Thanks again!