PDA

View Full Version : Cool video of Sydney Harbor fireworks from 2010

displayfireworks1
12-23-2011, 11:32 PM
The Sydney Harbor Bridge New Years fireworks display in well know throughout the world. As we are nearing New Years Eve I though I would post this cool video from my list of favorites. You have to watch the video towards the end to really appreciate it. It would be great if someone from Australia could tell us more about it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSvG_V2jie0

copper acetoarsenite
10-02-2012, 12:20 AM
I'd be too tempted to pull the emergency brake cord!!!...I'd always wanted to fly a plane above a show..and circle above them...I'd even open the window...unfortunately for fireworks shows they usually issue 'TFRs' in the NOTAMS Temporary Flight Restrictions...NOtices To AirMen

Vavoom
10-02-2012, 03:26 PM
To me this comes close to insanity. Over here everything within the danger zone would be closed for ALL traffic during a display.

copper acetoarsenite
10-03-2012, 12:02 AM
I have a good friend from Australia, not a pyro although he did make fireworks and play with explosives as a child..he is actually a 43 year pilot an aeronautical performance engineer and a former training captain- for Singapore Airlines currently an Airbus captain for an Australian airline..they are very very very strict there about most things they are not muppets!!!...They are especially and overly strict about fireworks and airplanes..so I can almost guarantee that there was no danger to anyone involved, with that display..the only danger would have been a pyro addict pulling that emergency brake cord!..LOL