PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 Pro Line in Washington/Oregon

Trikk
06-19-2020, 12:49 AM
Hey guys,

Just joined and took the AP certificate program from Dave, and ordered the ATF Type 54 license DVD as well, hoping to get the latter rolling soon. The issue I am having is that I live in Oregon, and I have another address in Washington (outside of city limits where it's legal to own/shoot 1.4). It seems almost impossible to try and get any 1.4 Pro Line product into either Oregon or Washington because nobody will ship here. Also, because any decent product is essentially illegal in Oregon, I cannot find a local wholesaler/distributor to that can offer contingency storage for 1.3 if I want to get my Type 54. I've also applied for a Limited Display Operator certificate from Oregon as well to shoot 1.4 and should be here soon (hopefully).

I've talked to Daniel from Tannerite (amazing guy, and the most helpful person I have ever met) however because he lives so far away, he said he couldn't offer me contingency storage as he's had issues in the past by offering it to others that are far away from his location.

So, my questions are:
1) Is there any way to order 1.4 Pro Line in Washington/Oregon?
2) If not, how can I get my Type 54? Will I have to build/order a magazine? If so, does anyone have specs on a build out for a magazine, or where/who to order a magazine from?

For reference, my primary residence is just outside of Portland, OR and the other is just outside of Vancouver, WA (not in city limits).

Thank you, I've learned a tremendous amount so far from this forum.

displayfireworks1
06-19-2020, 11:23 AM
First off do not mention the name of the company you are trying to purchase from. One option since it sounds like you are close to the Washington/Oregon border. See if the distributor deliveries to a truck depot in Washington State. Some truck depots will hold an order at the depot for you to pick up. The upside of this is , if the product stays at the depot in remains in commerce and is technically not in any state. You coordinate the pick with the truck dispatcher. This all assume you are making a big enough purchase and are willing to pay the shipping cost to make it worth everyone's while.
Tannerite sells Articles of Pyrotechnics get your budget up , he will sell you AP products .

Mattp
06-19-2020, 10:49 PM
Welcome to the forum.. I’m curious about something you said... fireworks are illegal in Oregon ??? But you can apply for and receive a 1.4 certificate to legally shoot them?? If I have that right.. that’s actually pretty cool!! .. also like Dave had mentioned ... if they are legal where you live in Washington you should be able to find a 1.4 distributor who can ship them to a terminal for you to go pick up

Mississippipyro
06-25-2020, 06:33 AM
You can have fireworks shipped to Washington State, did it many times.