PDA

View Full Version : multiple 18m question

Delloman
06-14-2020, 08:18 PM
so I just ordered 3 18m modules and I got them with boots. I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a case that can store 3 to 5 of them. My delivery is later this week so I will not be able to try the pelican case I have on hand but wanted to see what others are doing?

357pyro
06-15-2020, 04:54 PM
so I just ordered 3 18m modules and I got them with boots. I was wondering if anyone has a recommendation for a case that can store 3 to 5 of them. My delivery is later this week so I will not be able to try the pelican case I have on hand but wanted to see what others are doing?

I'm not sure about a case to hold multiple mods but the seahorse 300 cases on amazon are the exact case that cobra sells. The foam they are shipped with fits perfectly in the case. The can be had for about 25 bucks on amazon.

Delloman
06-15-2020, 07:35 PM
Thanks for the info

Delloman
06-15-2020, 08:04 PM
Looks like cobra sells a case that holds 6 18ms i happen to have the pelican version of that case so one less thing to buy����

215less
07-19-2020, 02:05 AM
I'm not sure about a case to hold multiple mods but the seahorse 300 cases on amazon are the exact case that cobra sells. The foam they are shipped with fits perfectly in the case. The can be had for about 25 bucks on amazon.

which foam option did you use? I also noticed the 4 mounting screws on the corners of the module, how do they affix to the case?

357pyro
07-20-2020, 02:09 PM
which foam option did you use? I also noticed the 4 mounting screws on the corners of the module, how do they affix to the case?

get the ones with no foam. The foam the mod is shipped in from cobra fits in the seahorse case perfectly.

215less
07-21-2020, 06:04 AM
get the ones with no foam. The foam the mod is shipped in from cobra fits in the seahorse case perfectly.

Good to know, i ended up just getting the case included after realizing the faceplate was needed for the type of module i was looking for. Though i did use your advise and order just the foam insert for the remote and bought a seahorse case for it, saved 40 bucks. Thanks 357pyro.

357pyro
07-21-2020, 08:37 AM
Good to know, i ended up just getting the case included after realizing the faceplate was needed for the type of module i was looking for. Though i did use your advise and order just the foam insert for the remote and bought a seahorse case for it, saved 40 bucks. Thanks 357pyro.

No worries, Half of my mods I got with the case from cobra. The other half I just bought the cases on amazon and slide the mods into the cases with the factory foam. I also buy antenna extenders on amazon so i can run the antenna like the factory cobra setup. The only difference is the mod doesn't actually bolt in like the factory setup which i think isnt needed. Just my 2 cents.

NewPyro93
11-18-2020, 06:32 PM
No worries, Half of my mods I got with the case from cobra. The other half I just bought the cases on amazon and slide the mods into the cases with the factory foam. I also buy antenna extenders on amazon so i can run the antenna like the factory cobra setup. The only difference is the mod doesn't actually bolt in like the factory setup which i think isnt needed. Just my 2 cents.

Which antenna extender on Amazon works well with the 18m?