PDA

View Full Version : TaskForce OVB “Opposing Fireworks Bombmakers”

displayfireworks1
12-13-2011, 04:47 PM
It looks there is a government task force in the Netherlands is trying to catch people using the larger firecrackers in ways they feel is inappropriate. While many of us do not understand Dutch language, one of the videos is translated with English subtitles. In the video we see the official government response video. Then we see the youtubers response to the Task Force video. If you notice, these large firecrackers carry the 1.1 classification. I certainly do not agree with destruction of public or private property with fireworks, However I do not agree with 50mg firecrackers that are for sale in United States either. I would welcome comments from the Netherlands on this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHfjqOWeI8M

The youtubers response

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGXf-VTzLxU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNmJlQ16LJs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg41qrkvUEU

Het ziet er is een taak van de overheid in Nederland van kracht is proberen om mensen met behulp van de grotere vuurwerk op een manier die ze voelen ongepast is te vangen. Terwijl velen van ons niet begrijpen de Nederlandse taal, is een van de video's vertaald Engels ondertiteld. In de video zien we de officiële kabinetsreactie video. Dan zien we de YouTubers reactie op de Task Force video. Als u merkt, deze grote voetzoekers dragen de 1,1-classificatie. Ik heb zeker niet eens met vernietiging van openbaar of particulier eigendom met vuurwerk, maar ik ben het niet eens met de 50mg voetzoekers die te koop zijn in de Verenigde Staten niet. Ik zou graag een reactie van Nederland op dit punt.

Pyro Nation
12-13-2011, 08:41 PM
OMG.... That's crazy.... The message to the task force was kind of creepy and sinister

Forti1bs
12-13-2011, 11:51 PM
To be honest it does not surprise me fireworks always seem to be under attack somewhere. Its just sad:(

DLpyro
12-14-2011, 11:39 AM
Dear fellow pyros,
Today I received a letter from this 'Task Force'..
They were moaning about the fact that I haven't removed the video they wanted to. I had been warned by them, and I DID remove the video they were asking for.
They are now threatening me with a police investigation, but this is clearly a misunderstanding..
I will keep you guys up to date.
Greetings,
DLpyro, the Netherlands.

Pyro Nation
12-14-2011, 05:15 PM
OUCH.... Good luck...just be careful... Sounds like it could get a bit messy legally soon

displayfireworks1
12-14-2011, 10:40 PM
DLpyro

Thank you for commenting on the forum. Did you totally eliminate your entire channel? I wish I could get more details on the exact issue surrounding the Task Force complaint. If I remember the details on your channel you only exploded property that belonged to you and it never involved public property. In addition, was one of the issues that you exploded a phone book with a firecracker? When I tried to find your channel this is all I found. What exactly does the Task Force want you to stop doing?

DLpyro

Bedankt voor uw commentaar op de forum. Hebt u volledig te elimineren uw hele kanaal? Ik wou dat ik kon meer details te krijgen over de exacte kwestie rond de Task Force klacht. Als ik herinner me de gegevens op uw kanaal dat u alleen maar ontplofte goed dat toebehoorde aan u en het nooit betrokken publiek eigendom. Daarnaast was een van de problemen die explodeerde een telefoonboek met een rotje? Toen ik probeerde om uw kanaal te vinden dit is alles wat ik tegenkwam. Wat doet de Task Force wil dat je om te stoppen met het doen?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWvN1xzcD6o

DLpyro
12-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Well, I did not delete my account. I just made it invisible for a while. This is due to the fact that the Task Force are investigating my videos.
That's right, I have not and will never destroy someone else's property. It was only a phone book I blew up, for fun.
They want me to remove a few video's, which I already have done! They are just trying to scare me I guess.. Hopefully..
I'll update you if I can.
Regards,
DLpyro

PS: I totally understand English, so you don't have to translate your text into Dutch :)

pyromaniac
12-15-2011, 01:13 PM
Smart move by taking the videos down. It's always a good idea to listen to law! DL,did they have a problem with the "type" of fireworks you had in your vids,or what you were doing with them? I always hate hearing about stuff like this!:( good luck

NW Fireworks Lover
12-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Wow, this really sucks. Some of the coolest firework videos on youtube come from the Netherlands. Good luck DL, you have (had) some really cool ones up there.

DLpyro
12-16-2011, 09:37 AM
Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it :)
The Task Force is searching on YouTube for 'homemade firework bombs'. In their eyes, every piece of illegal fireworks (mostly from Belgium, Poland and Italy) in combination with a flammable liquid or some other addition, is a fireworks bomb.
They have warned 3 videos from me, which I have removed. If it's about the government, I'd better be cooperative.. That's wat I thought.

In fact, they have already busted me. The police caught me with a 2,5" salute shell. When they searched my home, they found the rest of my stash. I got to jail for 1 day..
And I don't even know my punishment yet!
So these are really stressful times for me..
When you get caught here with illegal fireworks, they will treat you like a terrorist. Really messed up firework laws we have here..

displayfireworks1
12-16-2011, 11:09 PM
DLpyro

Ik zie je Engels spreken heel goed, ik mijn boodschap in het Nederlands te vertalen ten behoeve van degenen die kunnen worden lezen van het bericht dat niet kan begrijpen Engels. Alsjeblieft niet het gevoel dat ik beledigend ben je taalvaardigheid.
Als ik kijk naar Nederland en Europa in het algemeen lijkt het een vuurwerk smokkelaars paradijs. Met bijna alle van de landen die geografische grenzen die zijn allemaal raken, zou het gemakkelijk zijn om die grote rotjes uit Italië hun weg maken in alle omringende landen in Europa. In tegenstelling tot Australië, dat is omgeven door de oceaan. Corrigeer me als ik verkeerd ben, maar het lijkt alsof er een groot postorderbedrijf vuurwerk bedrijf in Nederland. Kun je vuurwerk direct verstuurd naar uw huis? Ik zie vaak mensen die unboxing video's van wat lijkt op postorder vuurwerk en ze lijken te zijn 1.3 weer te geven vuurwerk schelpen. 3 inch shells.
Vaak tijden in de Verenigde Staten Ik heb mensen gezien die gebruik maken van een groot vuurwerk product en het gebruik van een brandbare vloeistof met een vlam bal simulatie te maken. Dit effect wordt gebruikt in sommige van de video's heb ik geplaatst. Het wordt meestal gedaan door particulieren tijdens de semi-professionele displays. Hier in de Verenigde Staten een professioneel bedrijf zou de aankoop van een vuurwerk product speciaal voor dat doel.
Ik denk dat de regeringen betreft zou de toename van mensen die op youtube proberen te kopiëren wat je doet worden. Er kunnen ook zijn verwondingen gemeld door tieners in het proces van mensen die proberen om dit te kopiëren. Natuurlijk kan iedereen het vernietigen van openbaar of particulier eigendom met vuurwerk nooit worden geaccepteerd. Van wat je kanaal en video vermeld je nooit enig goed vernietigd, maar u bezit. Ik zou de analogie van het gebruik, zou ik mogen mijn bank uit mijn huis en het branden in mijn tuin, zou het antwoord ja zijn. Maar als ik probeerde om het te verbranden op de weg in de voorkant van mijn huis het antwoord zou zijn, nee.
Sommige mensen in het vuurwerk hobby of beroep kan absoluut niet tolereren dit soort dingen. Het beetje onderzoek dat ik heb gedaan in deze, is dat de meeste mensen zoals ik en anderen in vuurwerk beginnen door te proberen vuurwerk en andere gevaarlijke dingen te maken. Dit is meestal in de tienerjaren. Ik me kan herinneren een episode van mij en mijn vriendin het maken van een Molotov Cocktail en breken tegen zijn outdoor bakstenen muur. Als video-camera's zijn gemakkelijk beschikbaar toen we hebben video opgenomen is en post het op het internet aan iedereen wat we gedaan hebben laten zien. Zodat ik niet al te opgewonden of boos wanneer ik zie deze video's op youtube. Maar mijn wens zou zijn dat deze mensen verder te ontwikkelen dan primitief explosie en meer in de reguliere vuurwerk producten.
Als je gewoon opblazen telefoon boeken met vuurwerk in uw tuin de zaak tegen u zou kunnen hebben niet slecht zo slecht. Na de groet schelpen in uw huis kan een ander probleem. Zelfs hier in de Verenigde Staten als je de juiste licentie mag u niet bewaren 1.3 vuurwerk in uw huis. Houd ons op de hoogte van uw situatie. Ik voorspel dat ze uiteindelijk erachter te komen ben je geen terrorist, maar gewoon een ander soort pyro liefhebber. Ik heb gehoord van dergelijke gevallen in de Verenigde Staten gaat van Explosieven kosten wat wettelijk wordt genoemd "Met gevaar voor een catastrofe". In mijn mening is het een ding in uw voordeel is dat je niets gevaarlijk te verkopen

DLpyro

I can see you speak English very well; I translate my message in Dutch for the benefit of those that may be reading the message that may not understand English. Please do not feel I am insulting your language ability.
When I look at the Netherlands and Europe in general it appears to be a fireworks smugglers paradise. With nearly all of the countries having geographic borders that are all touching, it would be easy to have those large firecrackers from Italy make their way into all of the neighboring countries in Europe. As opposed to Australia that is surrounded by ocean. Please correct me if I am wrong but it appears like there is a large mail order fireworks business in the Netherlands. Can you have fireworks mailed directly to your home? I often see videos of people unboxing what appears to be mail order fireworks and they appear to be 1.3 display fireworks shells. 3 inch shells.
Often times in United States I have seen people use a large fireworks product and using a flammable liquid to make a flame ball simulation. This effect is used in some of the videos I have posted . It is usually done by private individuals during their semi-professional displays. Here in United States a professional company would purchase a fireworks product specifically designed for that purpose.
I would guess the governments concern would be the proliferation of people on youtube attempting to copy what you are doing. There may have also been injuries reported by teenagers in the process of people attempting to copy this. Of course, anyone destroying public or private property with fireworks can never be accepted. From what your channel and video stated you never destroyed any property but you own. I would use the analogy of, would I be permitted to take my couch out of my home and burn it in my yard, the answer would be yes. However if I tried to burn it on the road in front of my house the answer would be, no.
Some people in the fireworks hobby or profession absolutely cannot tolerate this sort of thing. The little bit of research I have done into this , is that most people like myself and others in fireworks start out by trying to make firecrackers and other dangerous things. This is usually in the teenage years. I can recall an episode of me and my friend making a Molotov Cocktail and breaking it against his outdoor brick wall. If video cameras were readily available back then we may have videoed it and post it on the internet to show everyone what we did. So I do not get too excited or upset when I see these videos on youtube. However, my wish would be that these people develop beyond primitive explosion and more in to regular fireworks products.
If you were just blowing up phone books with firecrackers in your yard the case against you may have not bad so bad. Having the salute shells in your home may be another issue. Even here in United States if you are properly licensed you may not store 1.3 fireworks in your home. Please keep us apprised of your situation. I predict they will eventually figure out you are not a terrorist but just a different sort of pyro enthusiast. I have heard of cases like this in the United States going from Explosives charges what is legally called “Risking a catastrophe”. In my opinion, the one thing in your favor is you were not selling anything dangerous.

DLpyro
12-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Yes, Europe is a real smugglers paradise for fireworks. If you're driving to Belgium from here, you won't even notice you have crossed the border. There are almost no border controls anymore in Europe. A lot of people in the Netherlands, buy their fireworks in Belgium. It is louder, and cheaper. But since the fireworks disaster in Enschede (Netherlands) on May 13th 2000, firework laws in the Netherlands and in Belgium have become more strict. This is due to the fact that 1.3G fireworks were stashed in Enschede, and that is prohibited in Holland. Before the disaster, you could buy everything you could imagine in Belgium. Firecrackers up to 20 grams of powder, cakes up to 45(!) kilograms, salute rockets, shells up to 12".. All without having a license. After the disaster, only 1.4G fireworks can be bought in Belgium. The fireworks you could get in Belgium 12 years ago, are now available in Eastern Europe. Especially in Poland and the Czech Republic.
They have multiple webshops where you can order fireworks. And in 99 percent of the orders, you will receive your package. If you are interested, just Google 'fajerwerki' and you'll find some websites.
I have never done this, in my opinion it is too risky.

displayfireworks1
12-17-2011, 10:54 PM
Dear DLpyro

Are you aware has any other poster of the videos been stopped or detained by the Task Force?

Also when we talk about this fireworks activity please do not mention any specific person or company. Continue as you are talking broadly about it. There are people probably reading this message and getting nervous right now.

Geachte DLpyro

Bent u zich bewust heeft een andere poster van de video's zijn gestopt of vastgehouden door de Task Force?

Ook als we praten over dit vuurwerk activiteit dan kunt u geen melding van een specifieke persoon of bedrijf. Verder als je in grote lijnen erover te praten. Er zijn mensen waarschijnlijk het lezen van dit bericht en zenuwachtig nu.

displayfireworks1
12-19-2011, 09:45 PM
This is some information from the Task Force OVB website. I translated in into English so if it looks weird that is why. This sort of thing happened in United States back in 2003 I believe. It changed violations of manufacturing and possession of large firecrackers from a fireworks violation to something more serious. I would predict the next step by the Task Force OVB would be to stop mail order fireworks in the Netherlands.
The more I think about it, it is strange that these areas in Europe seem to have access to some nice large firecrackers but feel the need to add flammable liquids to them. Perhaps it is more of a competitive thing. An explosion can only get so loud between these video, so the only way to make it better is to add a flame explosion to it. Here in United States we seem to enjoy a different variation of the same thing with the Lampare shells. It is the same thing as what they are doing in Europe but done in a more acceptable manner and without any property damage. With the United States, product the flame is in the air.It also requires special licensure to purchase.
It will be interesting to see how events play out with the Task Force OVB in the Netherlands, in the mean time my advice would to enjoy the firecrackers as they are without the flame balls and other attached material. Some of the video posters are clearly anti-social behaviors with destruction of public property, with someone blowing up phone books in their yard; I think that person can be directed more into legal ways to use fireworks.

Information from the Task Force OVB website (translated)
The claims since november 2011 higher penalties for the manufacture of fireworks and let explode bombs. Because offences with a homemade vuurwerkbom no longer be qualified as violation but as a criminal offence, vuurwerkbommen will be included in the future makers after condemnation Judicial Documentation registry. This means that they are from that time in possession of a criminal record. They may also, depending on the nature of the offence, a jail sentence.

The penalties for having, creating, or contrast of firework bombs are included in the directive Fireworks offences.

Adults get:
6 to 9 months ' imprisonment for making a vuurwerkbom.
6 to 9 months in prison for possession of a vuurwerkbom.
7 to 9 months in prison for giving a vuurwerkbom to someone else.
At least 15 months in prison for the contrast of a vuurwerkbom. Conditions and caused effects can lead to a higher requirement.

Minors get task penalties:
From 60 hours to create a vuurwerkbom.
From 60 hours for the possession of a vuurwerkbom.
From 65 hours before giving a vuurwerkbom to someone else.
From 70 hours for the contrast of a vuurwerkbom.

Conditions and caused effects can lead to a higher demand and considerable damage or danger to persons is the starting point and the offender brought before youth unconditional detention.

For the complete directive, click here.

The penalties with regard to firework bombs are on page 13/14 (adults) and 18/19 (minors).

What is allowed and what is not?

Fireworks is beautiful and special, but can be dangerous if the wrong is chipped or if the illegal fireworks. It is therefore important that you abide by the following rules.
Buy fireworks only at official points of sale in Netherlands and only on 29, 30 or 31 december 2011.
You must be 16 years or older to purchase Fireworks.
You may only Fireworks stand out on 31 december from 10: 00 until 1 January 02.00 hours.
You may buy up to 10 kilograms of fireworks or possess.

Dit is wat informatie van de Task Force OVB website. Ik vertaald in het Engels, dus als het lijkt raar dat is de reden waarom. Dit soort dingen gebeurd in de Verenigde Staten in 2003 geloof ik. Het schendingen van de productie en het bezit van grote voetzoekers veranderd van een vuurwerk overtreding om iets meer serieus. Ik zou het voorspellen van de volgende stap door de Task Force OVB zou zijn om postorder vuurwerk te stoppen in Nederland.
Hoe meer ik erover nadenk, is het vreemd dat deze gebieden in Europa lijken de toegang tot een aantal mooie grote vuurwerk hebben, maar de behoefte om brandbare vloeistoffen toe te voegen om ze te voelen. Misschien is het meer van een concurrerende ding. Een explosie kan alleen maar zo hard tussen deze video, dus de enige manier om het beter is om een vlam explosie aan toe te voegen. Hier in de Verenigde Staten lijken we een andere variant van hetzelfde genieten met de Lampare schelpen. Het is hetzelfde als wat ze doen in Europa, maar gebeurt in een meer aanvaardbare wijze en zonder enige materiële schade. Met de Verenigde Staten, product de vlam in de air.It vereist ook speciale licentiestatus aan te schaffen.
Het zal interessant zijn om te zien hoe gebeurtenissen die buiten spelen met de Task Force OVB in Nederland, in de tussentijd mijn advies zou het vuurwerk te genieten zoals ze zijn, zonder de vlam ballen en andere aangesloten materiaal. Een deel van de video-posters zijn duidelijk anti-sociaal gedrag met vernietiging van het openbaar domein, met iemand die het opblazen van telefoonboeken in hun tuin, ik denk dat die persoon kan meer gericht worden in juridische manieren om vuurwerk te gebruiken.