PDA

View Full Version : The Chemistry of Fireworks

displayfireworks1
12-10-2011, 05:22 PM
I have to give PyroJoeNEPA credit for telling me about this a few weeks ago. It looks like it made it video. It originally was a web seminar.
New Year and fireworks. Pop! Bang! Whooo! Boom! We love them. These are the sounds of celebration. Although the basic recipe and techniques used in preparing the black powder (gun powder) in modern-day fireworks is the same as it was 500 years ago, advances in chemistry have allowed us to create spectacular displays we enjoy today. Join our speaker, Chris Mocella as he describes the delicate chemistry that brings loud sounds and brilliant colorful images to welcome your new year. Just don't try this at home!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlJVsHgiIhI&list=FLWwcV7mChbHV8ELsjhLplCg&feature=mh_lolz

Pyro Nation
12-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Thanks for posting this. find it interesting, but I have never attempted to make my own. Though I have been very intrigued to. Just dont want to mess with ordering this and that to make them. I get in enough hot water with the wife just with the already made fireworks..lol

Palermitano2
12-11-2011, 10:51 PM
Thanks for posting this. find it interesting, but I have never attempted to make my own. Though I have been very intrigued to. Just dont want to mess with ordering this and that to make them. I get in enough hot water with the wife just with the already made fireworks..lol

Me too.....however I will listen to this video several times to learn and understand the chemistry behind my hobby....

Pyro Nation
12-11-2011, 10:55 PM
Oh I am not saying I wont watch it a few times. I have several books on the making of rockets, shells, stars etc etc.... Just unless I get to go too a class or seminar on it I will never ok. maybe not never, but close to it on making my own fireworks..

Maybe I need to hit up a weekend at PYROJoe's house...lol

Palermitano2
12-11-2011, 11:00 PM
Oh I am not saying I wont watch it a few times. I have several books on the making of rockets, shells, stars etc etc.... Just unless I get to go too a class or seminar on it I will never ok. maybe not never, but close to it on making my own fireworks..

lol I cant imagine ever making my own my wife would go nuts...I dont think I am interested in that aspect. I just like fusing and shooting lol

PyroJoeNEPA
12-12-2011, 07:12 PM

That can be arranged :)

Pyro Nation
12-12-2011, 08:42 PM
Seriously.... Maybe we can do it when u are down for a few weeks...