PDA

View Full Version : Cobra not firing on dry run every time

rfgonzo
04-29-2020, 10:34 PM
Ran a dry run tonight for a short two song pyromusical set for Memorial Day. I have set a 6 second delay using audacity which is what I normally do. I'm running 5.0 and using LED diodes on my 18M's and slats for testing. Unfortunately the first ch/cue set to go off only goes off 2 out of 10 times. The rest of the show is running perfectly. Since it's the 1st cue I could easily manually fire the first ch/cue but I would prefer to figure out what keeps happening. What would cause this? or How can I fix it? Should I just delete from 18R2 and Audio Box and import script again?
I also switched out LED's and tried firing off MJG initiators, no luck.

esgrillo
04-29-2020, 10:59 PM
Does the #1 cue light on the 18m light when the script tells it to fire? Have you tried another 18m set to that same channel to see if the problem is duplicated?

rfgonzo
04-29-2020, 11:14 PM
No the #1 cue doesn't light every time. It only lights when it does fire or I manually fire. I didn't try another 18m set to the same ch. I will try that tomorrow. Thanks

rfgonzo
04-30-2020, 07:42 PM
Does the #1 cue light on the 18m light when the script tells it to fire? Have you tried another 18m set to that same channel to see if the problem is duplicated?

I tried another 18m and the same thing happened. This time it fired 3 out of 10 times. The light on 18R2 lights up every time but not the 18m or LED diode.

displayfireworks1
04-30-2020, 07:49 PM
This is where making a video to explain the problem would come in handy. Do you have a YouTube channel? If so make a video of the problem and post it.

rfgonzo
05-01-2020, 08:52 AM
Unfortunately no, I don't have a YouTube channel.

Rick_In_Tampa
05-02-2020, 02:08 AM
Make a new script that just has cue 1 firing on whatever channel you're having trouble with. Run it over and over and see if it fires every time or intermittently. If it still gives you problems it's not your original show script. If it works fine, chances are it's something in your show script.

Although... That's very odd.....

How much time do you have between the 6 second delay and when cue 1 fires? Maybe try setting the initial delay to 5 seconds (Cobra's recommendation anyway) and see if that makes a difference. I can't think of a good reason why it should, but it doesn't cost anything to try it.

esgrillo
05-03-2020, 12:07 AM
To add what Rick posted I would also try a new USB just in case. What your having is a pretty unusual problem. I would also be asking Cobra for help if these last couple of suggestions are a dead end.

cobrafiringsystems
05-03-2020, 12:11 AM
Happy to help. Are you waiting for your 18R2 to display the module arm count prior to starting your script? This court displays when the module has finished downloading the script. If you start your script too early you may see some cues missed as the module is still downloading the script. Please also email us at help@cobrafiringsystems.com as we are very responsive.

rfgonzo
05-03-2020, 10:57 PM
Make a new script that just has cue 1 firing on whatever channel you're having trouble with. Run it over and over and see if it fires every time or intermittently. If it still gives you problems it's not your original show script. If it works fine, chances are it's something in your show script.

Although... That's very odd.....

How much time do you have between the 6 second delay and when cue 1 fires? Maybe try setting the initial delay to 5 seconds (Cobra's recommendation anyway) and see if that makes a difference. I can't think of a good reason why it should, but it doesn't cost anything to try it.

I will try a new script and see what it does. The first cue fires right at the 6 second delay mark. Could that be the problem?

rfgonzo
05-03-2020, 10:58 PM
To add what Rick posted I would also try a new USB just in case. What your having is a pretty unusual problem. I would also be asking Cobra for help if these last couple of suggestions are a dead end.

Thanks. I'll try a new USB.

rfgonzo
05-03-2020, 11:03 PM
Happy to help. Are you waiting for your 18R2 to display the module arm count prior to starting your script? This court displays when the module has finished downloading the script. If you start your script too early you may see some cues missed as the module is still downloading the script. Please also email us at help@cobrafiringsystems.com as we are very responsive.

Yes I am waiting. I'll try the other two options above. If that doesn't work i'll give Cobra a call. Thank You,

cobrafiringsystems
05-05-2020, 12:33 AM
I will try a new script and see what it does. The first cue fires right at the 6 second delay mark. Could that be the problem?

Not sure if you saw my post about seeing the module arm court prior to firing. Can you email us at help@cobrafiringsystems.com and we can help you right away. It is something quite simple as there are no known issues around early cues not firing.