PDA

View Full Version : Dominator Pro 1.4g Question

Lewwie
02-19-2020, 05:44 AM
So this year I'm going to shoot my first show with professional 1.4g Dominator product but I have run into an issue. I've never seen these cakes in person and so I don't exactly know how they're fused. Do they have only one electric match port?

Here are two videos posted around the same time to illustrate my problem here. The first video shows the cake shooting one row at a time while the second video shows it going up instantly:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjcVi4vuUTg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPay7NwoPxo

mb_pyro
02-19-2020, 09:11 AM
Many of the pro versions come in a regular (1st vid) and a finale box version (2nd vid). Should be in the description of where you are buying it from or check the dominator item number.

captainpryo
02-19-2020, 02:34 PM
The first video is right on how the pro finale boxes shoot. The second one looks like they matched all the rows together. At the moment the only pro cakes that shoot all at once is PFX548C instant crackle and PFX553B 8 sec whistle to red flare. There has been talk of them making some of the PFX30 finale boxes instant like the instant crackle, but I do not see that happening this year on those.

Lewwie
02-19-2020, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the clarification!

krayg
02-20-2020, 04:08 PM
When I was looking at the PFX30 boxes, I noticed that some of the videos of the brocades were instant but they were older versions. I think there was some sort of revision change. The newer ones I purchased were 5 at a time. All the peonies were 5 at a time too. As stated previously, the instant crackle is all at once. Make sure to secure that box. :rolleyes: The PFX30 only has one port. The slices have multiple to allow for firing into different directions/patterns.

Jay_
02-20-2020, 05:04 PM
It’s the same thing with the pfx5202. One revision fires one row at a time, while another revision fires one tube at a time in a zipper profile. I had originally thought that it was a pfx5204 that was mislabeled...however when I watched some old vids compared to some new vids it appears that a change was made over the last few years.

I had 2 of them in my show last year, both marked pfx5202. One fired one row at a time and the other was a zipper. Nobody really knew but me what they were supposed to do, but I was bummed that they weren’t the same.