PDA

View Full Version : Washington state laws??

arial-shellz-R-US
11-29-2011, 09:31 PM
I live in Washington and I was wondering what the laws are regarding licencing and getting permits. Once you have a permit, can you just go to any field and light stuff off? Or do you have to talk to the fire martial first? If I wanted to do a wedding, how would I get a permit? So far I have been going to a Indian reservation to light my homemade 2"-6" shells which is legal and I have never had problems.

Pyro Nation
11-29-2011, 10:52 PM
Well, not sure completely on Washington, but most times. U will first need to find the location of where you will shoot fireworks. Make sure it has plenty of open space per Inch of shell or whatever you will be shooting off. Then you will need to get a hold of the AHJ (Authority Having Jurisdiction) I normally hit up the Fire Chief for that area. Permit should be filled out with the location Address and your name on it. If this is a first permit for that area they may ask for some proof of competency that you know how to handle yourself and the fireworks u will be using. You may need to pass a State test as well. This link shows the counties for Washington and sales and when fireworks can be discharged there http://www.wsp.wa.gov/fire/docs/fireworks/ordinances.pdf.

This link is the State Law for Washington.. http://www.mrsc.org/mc/rcw/rcw%20%2070%20%20title/rcw%20%2070%20.%2077%20%20chapter/rcw%20%2070%20.%2077%20%20chapter.htm

That last link has a lot of info for what you need to do a permitted show in your state. It looks like you will need a bond.

J's12talk
11-29-2011, 11:19 PM
Good work pyroliffic.

westcoastpyro
11-30-2011, 12:57 AM
In short join the club NPA we have shoot sites and the ability to pull permits and be legal and safe.

Pyro Nation
11-30-2011, 02:28 AM
Yes, Joining a club can help with a lot of things... And the more people ya know and meet, means more opportunities to be involved in the pyro field = more experience which is always a good thing