PDA

View Full Version : So who's done with their scripting for this 4th of July holiday?

Pyro Paul
01-26-2020, 02:29 PM
I've been working on my script for this year and now that the music has been chosen and edited I'm slowly churning out a script although sometimes it gives me SUCH a headache lol. So far this year I have a 72m with slats, 4 18m rev B, 2 18m rev A (picked them up cheap) and a new 18m with the quickplugs and some 6s slats. I'm looking to add a couple more 18m's (or possibly a 36m) with their new quickplug slats depending on if cobra has their April sale. I decided to go with mission impossible theme song from the movie for the opener which looks like it's going to be pretty cool, we'll see come showtime lol. I'm still using CSC and loving it since finale 3d priced themselves out of the hobbyist budget. What's everyone elses plans?

Paul :cool:

Jay_
01-26-2020, 04:18 PM
Well i had my show completely scripted once, and then i decided that i didn't like 2 of the songs.

I replaced one and removed the other. Of course this completely scrapped all of my event timing, so i got to do the whole thing over.

At least i had already had my product selected (and ordered). I made most of it work in my new song, and only have a handful of new product left to order.

I still have my finale to script and then i should be done, other than tweaking cue times here and there.

I will have be adding another 72M and 2 more 18M's this year, on top of the 72m and 7x18m's (B) that I have already. I hope that is enough to last me a few years, i'm getting tired of buying modules.

joed2323
01-29-2020, 09:21 PM
I've been working on my script for this year and now that the music has been chosen and edited I'm slowly churning out a script although sometimes it gives me SUCH a headache lol. So far this year I have a 72m with slats, 4 18m rev B, 2 18m rev A (picked them up cheap) and a new 18m with the quickplugs and some 6s slats. I'm looking to add a couple more 18m's (or possibly a 36m) with their new quickplug slats depending on if cobra has their April sale. I decided to go with mission impossible theme song from the movie for the opener which looks like it's going to be pretty cool, we'll see come showtime lol. I'm still using CSC and loving it since finale 3d priced themselves out of the hobbyist budget. What's everyone elses plans?

Paul :cool:

dont even get me started on finale 3d.

if you have the older version like me. Shhhhh it still works. I was able to import music tracks into finale so, atleast at this time she still works like it should. Fingers crossed I get my script finished up in time before it crashes in 3 months

Birdman
01-29-2020, 09:57 PM
dont even get me started on finale 3d.

Looked into Finale 3d, saw the price and thought....oh not bad. Then noticed it was for a 1 year license...that was the end of that idea.

I've had a product list and cobra script I made manually months ago. Now I'm finding myself constantly having to make changes. Adding more product that I just couldn't pass up and finding out some others may not be available. Good thing is, I guess, I only have 36 cues to work with so it's not like it's a major project to script it. The hard part is finding the right product that fits and not having to resort to fusing stuff together. Not expecting much from my first shot at scripting like I did with my first e-fired show...but hope I'm just as happily surprised.

esgrillo
01-30-2020, 03:21 AM
lol script has been done since mid Dec.... gotta get that extra discount from 76 with the early order so has to be all done before then.

Pyro Paul
01-31-2020, 12:19 AM
I'm waiting for the 76 discount code too!

esgrillo
01-31-2020, 03:15 AM
too late....12/31 last day

Rick_In_Tampa
01-31-2020, 11:09 PM
lol script has been done since mid Dec.... gotta get that extra discount from 76 with the early order so has to be all done before then.

OMG.. Don't tell me that. I haven't scripted a single cue yet! I'm so far behind... Our AWF order is here though, and our SO76 order and Tannerite orders have been placed. So at least the toys are taken care of. I even did a test of my new quick-plug cues and slats! Worked like a champ. Now I need to get a roll of maybe 2K' of CAT5 cable and start making some connecting cables. OMG... Did I mention I am so far behind?? :(

topshelfpyro
01-31-2020, 11:23 PM
OMG.. Don't tell me that. I haven't scripted a single cue yet! I'm so far behind... Our AWF order is here though, and our SO76 order and Tannerite orders have been placed. So at least the toys are taken care of. I even did a test of my new quick-plug cues and slats! Worked like a champ. Now I need to get a roll of maybe 2K' of CAT5 cable and start making some connecting cables. OMG... Did I mention I am so far behind?? :(

Monoprice.com...…..just buy the cables...…..

Robbro097
02-01-2020, 01:48 AM
Ill b doing my 1st little 1 song pyromusical this year 72cues ran in2 some medical bills so wasnt able to get any more mods but did still manage an audio box to make that happen. Im done scripting but i know ill continue tweaking it 72 cues is really ez to use up just wanna make sure i use em right.

esgrillo
02-01-2020, 11:49 PM

lol Rick... I couldnt effectively buy product without the script ready... thats how I make my buy list. Check out cablesforless in addition to monoprice. I got mine there.... a little cheaper than monoprice

Jay_
02-02-2020, 11:10 AM
How many cues are you shooting Ed?

Mattp
02-03-2020, 03:07 PM
ive played with my script over and over..and changed my music so many times.. that it was kind of making me crazy.. so finally i just said F-it.. its going to have to do!!! made my SO76 order today.. will be arriving end of the week!!! first time using cobra this year.. dry ran it all.. very happy with it so far.. love the web based CSC... i can access it from any computer!!... i now have an 18m.. and a 36m.. so my cue count(or lack there of) really made my product selection that much more important... and i know i will have to do some extra scabbing... but for the price difference of 2- 18ms or 1- 36m... had to go with the 36... BUT.. so far so good!!!

esgrillo
02-04-2020, 01:36 AM
How many cues are you shooting Ed?

I have 560 now but have quite a few open ones so I can add some of the new 76 items

Rick_In_Tampa
02-05-2020, 11:36 PM
Monoprice.com...?..just buy the cables...?..

Yeah, I think you're on to something there. I checked a few places and it seems to be cheaper to buy pre-built cables.

Pyro Paul
02-08-2020, 10:04 AM
speaking of cables, can you buy the db25 cables for the cobra slats anywhere else. Has anyone else looked into it?

Birdman
02-08-2020, 11:46 AM
speaking of cables, can you buy the db25 cables for the cobra slats anywhere else. Has anyone else looked into it?

Check ebay.

cherrybomb1
02-08-2020, 11:51 AM
Monoprice.com $12.69 for 50ft cables...shipping is a little slow but I’ve never had any quality issues with anything that I have bought from them.I bought 100ft cables for my slats but don’t see them listed anymore.