PDA

View Full Version : pyromusical computer

pyro70_30
01-19-2020, 09:46 PM
My Asus that I've had since 2011 and been using for my displays is on it's last leg. What are you using and why did you chose it? I use an ATF system and use Finale for scripting if that makes a difference. I don't know shit about PC's so any help is appreciated. I only use this for 2 of the 15 shows I do a year so I'm not looking for a $1000 laptop.

displayfireworks1
01-19-2020, 10:01 PM
Here are the requirements from Finale website. You really do not need a high performance computer to run most of these fireworks programs last i heard. I'm sure a computer in the $400 to $600 at most should be fine if this is all you want to do with it.
The short answer is Windows XP or later OS, plus decently fast computer (1.6GHz or higher) and internet access. There is no 3d video card requirement. Macintosh users can run Finale under Boot Camp or Parallels.

The faster the computer, the more responsive the program is, but Finale pretty much works on everything (even computers slower than 1.6GHz). Finale uses software 3D rendering rather than the computer's 3d video hardware, even if the hardware is available. The benefit is that Finale is extremely robust, but the drawback is that the bigger your window and the more stuff on it, the slower the program will run. If your computer is slow, shrink the Finale window to improve performance

PyroGyro
02-11-2020, 05:52 PM
From Finale 3D site: Requires Microsoft Windows 7, 8, or 10, and a computer with 8GB of RAM and good graphics capabilities. The Nvidia GeForce 1060 is the recommended GPU, though almost any GPU made after 2017 will work.

I've have been told by users that you do need a good graphics card to run it and that built in Intel GPU's won't cut it.

PyroGyro
02-11-2020, 06:13 PM
I also found this link on their site: https://finale3d.com/documentation/machine-compatibility/

Altarr
06-28-2020, 03:32 AM
Refurbees.com any laptop they sell will run finale.

Arclight
06-28-2020, 02:38 PM
I highly recommend getting a refurb laptop or desktop from Newegg, eBay, Amazon or the Dell refurb site. You save a lot of money and they always come with a new, legit WIndows 10 license.