PDA

View Full Version : Is 100ft clearance to treeline ok for this slice?

PyroGyro
01-16-2020, 11:07 AM
Hi,

I'm doing a show where I've got a treeline 100ft to one side of where this 19 shot rainbow slice will be. Similar setup to the video below, and in the video I would say there's 100-120ft of clearance on the left side . Is 100ft enough? I'm thinking yes, and I'm thinking this will be ok enough to do, though not ideal. I will have 2 of these slices shooting at the same time, 1L + 1R 150ft apart. Is this far enough apart or will the overlap look goofy. Thoughts?

https://youtu.be/ziNx6F5GCW0

joewad
01-16-2020, 11:51 AM
Gotta love those Pro slices but clearing distance is a factor. My personal opinion it would seem your cuttin it kinda close. And that opinion is coming from someone who has occasionally pushed the envelop a bit. With that in mind, whats underneath the tree line? Is it mowed or overgrown?

PyroGyro
01-16-2020, 02:02 PM
Gotta love those Pro slices but clearing distance is a factor. My personal opinion it would seem your cuttin it kinda close. And that opinion is coming from someone who has occasionally pushed the envelop a bit. With that in mind, whats underneath the tree line? Is it mowed or overgrown?

I haven't been there but the show will be between these 2 treelines in the attached pic. This area is surrounded by a small river and is in the northeast so it's not a dry desert area and the show is in the Spring.

Btw, when I did my original measurements of the width of that area between the treelines(using google earth tools) I was only measuring to the brush on either side, and not to the actual trees. I don't know how tall that brush is but I bet it's not that tall meaning, I can measure from treeline to treeline instead of from brush to brush because the slice shots will clear the brush. When I do that I actually get to add another 20 ft of width to each side which means I think I can move the slices another 20ft away and now the slices would be 120ft away from the trees, and would still be 150ft apart from each other. Do you think I'm ok with that, and is having these slices 150ft apart from each other a good enough amount of separation?

http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4722&stc=1

Scotty Rockets
02-22-2020, 04:22 AM
Those slices have a 200’ spread FYI

joed2323
02-22-2020, 02:46 PM
have you thought about elevating the slice off the ground? It definitely will give it a different look doing so, not sure if you would like that or not

not sure if this would give you the distance without hitting the trees

also, if you cut/removed say the bottom 1 or 2 tubes from, the slice and made that 19s into say a 15s slice this would more then likely clear the trees, just check your angles.

their is an app you can download on your phone and you can use your phone to check the angle of the tubes closest to the ground

couple ways to skin a cat, just gotta be alittle creative at times to make certain product fit into your show

Mississippipyro
04-29-2020, 02:58 AM
Those slices have a 200’ spread FYI
Is that 100 each direction for 200? Or each direction for 400'?

Rick_In_Tampa
05-02-2020, 01:52 AM
SO76 sells some 15 piece slices that they specifically say may shoot 250 in BOTH directions! So you need to be sure of what you're shooting. I'd ask the sales person where you bought it what it will do.

https://www.76fireworks.com/product/SE165A-15s-SuperSweep-Golden-Rain-Comet-w-Blue-Mine-25mm

Scotty Rockets
05-04-2020, 08:35 PM
At least 200? and it?s very possible it could go over 200?

cjurczak
05-05-2020, 03:43 PM
We shot slices that were very similar, and had them 100' apart and 3 wide. Replay of the video showed they went about 220', and that's if they function as intended. Unlit comet/effect will fly further.

PyroGyro
07-13-2020, 04:15 PM
Btw, I wound up shooting these at a different site where I had unlimited width. I'm glad I didn't shoot them at the original site they would've gone into the trees. They actually shot about 220-230 ft wide