PDA

View Full Version : Hello From New Zealand :-)

zealander
02-26-2011, 03:19 PM
I lived in London for most of my early years, and into my mid-20s, before moving to New Zealand in 1998. I've found the pyrotechnic laws here to be quite different than those in the USA or Britain. I thought I'd share a brief overview in case anyone was interested. I have a unique perspective because of the fact that I have lived in multiple counties and have had the opportunity to experience the native laws of each.

You can only buy and sell fireworks from about a week leading up to the 5th of November, and fireworks can only be purchased by those over 18yrs. The buying and selling of fireworks is becoming increasingly restrictive, as the case with most European/Oceanic counties, over the last 20 or so years. Any self-propelled firework (such as rockets, girandolas, ect) have been banned altogether since
'94. Crackers and bangers have been banned since 1993. We mostly shoot small multi-shot cakes, fountains, smoke bombs and sparklers as well as spinners and small wheels.

I'm trying to upload a picture of a fireworks stand here but for some reason it won't upload. I'll try again later.

One thing I've never understood about fireworks here is that although you can only purchase them for about 5 days once a year- it's perfectly legal to shoot them throughout the year. That seems kind of contradicting to me and only supports the use of the 'black market' to buy fireworks year round. I'll add some more laws later.

displayfireworks1
02-26-2011, 10:27 PM
Thank you for registering and saying hello. I am sure we will get more people here from New Zealand soon.

pyro132011
02-27-2011, 02:48 PM
hi i am from new zealand to and fireworks should be sold all year round and firecrackers and rockets should come back

whitepyro
03-01-2011, 01:31 AM
same here .yeah i gave up moaning about the restrictive selling law, so im making my own display fireworks ;up to 4'' shells

whitepyro
03-01-2011, 01:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_olagsLsTE
http://www.youtube.com/user/mrstickers2#p/a/u/2/W17NKpNACcw

75+15+10=:)
06-25-2011, 02:29 AM
although one of the advantages of having crap ass commercial stuff, you can to to the park with a 2 inch and everyone goes silent