PDA

View Full Version : PYROLAMAS - Aluminum verticals and single shot holders

topshelfpyro
01-11-2020, 04:28 PM
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4709&stc=1

Interested in your thoughts.....especially from knowledgeable pyros......

displayfireworks1
01-11-2020, 08:01 PM
If I remember correctly you are a FireTEK firing system user. The item picture is sold by Spirit of 76 fireworks. I'm not sure where you are at with choreography , budget or number of modules. If you are setting up a large show and have enough modules to do many one shots , this device will help you get it set up faster with accurate safer firing. I know future Articles of Pyrotechnics single shots are being made to accommodate this type of hardware. This is a professional type piece of equipment.

topshelfpyro
01-11-2020, 09:04 PM
If I remember correctly you are a FireTEK firing system user. The item picture is sold by Spirit of 76 fireworks. I'm not sure where you are at with choreography , budget or number of modules. If you are setting up a large show and have enough modules to do many one shots , this device will help you get it set up faster with accurate safer firing. I know future Articles of Pyrotechnics single shots are being made to accommodate this type of hardware. This is a professional type piece of equipment.

Hi Dave, yes, correct I am a fireTEK user (with north of 300 cues currently). I actually made those holders which is why I was asking for feedback on them to utilize with the pyrolamas system and use the larger single shots. My understanding from others is the x holders seem to be the weak link when shooting items other than comets and mines off them. I also made holders for the 50mm that work equally well with consumer tubes.http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4710&stc=1http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=4711&stc=1

PyroJoeNEPA
01-12-2020, 05:41 PM
topshelfpyro===I had a good laugh and decided that I had to bust up on you with the second picture, so, in the spirit of fun, here it goes=====
I know that too often people put excal shells in the tubes upside down, but this is the first time I have seen a tube upside down!!!
lease don't hate me! OK, I did it!!!
On a serious note, the holders look nice. How did you fasten the HDPE rings to the aluminum vertical support?

topshelfpyro
01-12-2020, 07:04 PM
topshelfpyro===I had a good laugh and decided that I had to bust up on you with the second picture, so, in the spirit of fun, here it goes=====
I know that too often people put excal shells in the tubes upside down, but this is the first time I have seen a tube upside down!!!
lease don't hate me! OK, I did it!!!
On a serious note, the holders look nice. How did you fasten the HDPE rings to the aluminum vertical support?

LMAO! I almost spit out my drink on that one!!!
Thanks for the laugh!!

I mount them using hex drive flanged button heads on the inside of the ring that pass thru to a t-nut. The rings can be adjusted anywhere on the vertical or easily slid off and on the vertical. Simply tighten the screws to lock the rings in place. The verticals are 8" in length but could be made longer....4 tubes fit well per angle however only every other angle can be used if you do the 60/62mm.