PDA

View Full Version : new cobra user

Mattp
01-01-2020, 10:19 PM
hey guys,, haven't had a chance to get on here in a while.. have been very busy...just wanted to share some good news.. my lovely wife surprised me for christmas with a cobra starter set...an 18R2, 1-18M and an audio box... which is amazing.. but i already now need a few more 18m's to use for this year.. LOL... so i have also now jumped fully in to the never ending abyss of money spending for this great hobby!!... i will purchase the CSC software tomorrow.. which i found out theyre coming out with a web based version which is great for me beacause i do not have any computers that run windows.. (good thing i called and spoke to them, because i almost bought a new windows computer just for this)...and im sure i will have alot of questions in the near future.

PyroJoeNEPA
01-03-2020, 12:35 PM
You have been bitten by the Cobra! Enjoy!

Jay_
01-03-2020, 02:41 PM
That’s awesome Matt! With every shoot I do, I fall deeper in love with my system. You will too

The audio box is awesome also. I didn’t use one in my first pyromusical, and I had some timing issues. I used one last year and everything was right on time.

Only advise I’d give is to spend some time learning how to use the stuff and do plenty of test runs before doing your first shoot. The audio box can be contrary if you don’t talk to it just right. There are detailed directions on Cobra’s website on how to set it up.

Also hopefully your remote and module are both on version 5.0 or greater firmware, if not you will need to update to 5.0 to make them talk to each other

Mattp
01-03-2020, 02:50 PM
thanks guys.. yes ive definitely been bitten!!! thanks jay.. ya ive been playing with it non stop..watched every tutorial they have and read almost all of their pdf's ...LOL just gotta get more mods and then i can truly test it and get to know it... and yes they came with 5.0.2 in them

Mattp
01-04-2020, 12:00 AM
correction.. its 5.0.5