PDA

View Full Version : How to stop an automated script

PyroGyro
11-29-2019, 10:48 PM
I am new to Cobra Show Creator/scripting and I have not been able to figure out if there is a way to pause a script(let's say something goes wrong in the show where I need to pause it), and then continue the script after the show problem is fixed. Help?

Mississippipyro
11-30-2019, 01:27 AM
Call Cobra support, they are good at helping with questions from customers

esgrillo
11-30-2019, 03:07 AM
After the script is running to pause hit the arm button again. You will see PAU displayed. Hit arm again to restart. Audiobox will also stop and start music as well.

PyroGyro
11-30-2019, 11:26 AM
After the script is running to pause hit the arm button again. You will see PAU displayed. Hit arm again to restart. Audiobox will also stop and start music as well.

Thanks Ed,

I downloaded and searched all of Cobra's PDFs for the words ARM and PAUSE and the only one that even makes a slight mention of this is the pdf for the audiobox, which I'm not even using. Further, the only Cobra video that covers this, is the audiobox demo. I assume that this functionality works even if you are not using an audiobox?

esgrillo
11-30-2019, 01:23 PM
Yes it will. It works independent of the other equipment and is only a function of the 18r2.

esgrillo
11-30-2019, 01:28 PM
Thanks Ed,

I downloaded and searched all of Cobra's PDFs for the words ARM and PAUSE and the only one that even makes a slight mention of this is the pdf for the audiobox, which I'm not even using. Further, the only Cobra video that covers this, is the audiobox demo. I assume that this functionality works even if you are not using an audiobox?

Also don't mix it up with the disarm button, that will stop your script and RESET it. You will then have to start from the beginning again if you do that. You can always mess around with the functions on the remote... just keep your mods off. It is good to be VERY VERY familiar with basic operations of the remote before you shoot your show. Trust me when the shit hits the fan it is easy to hit the wrong button. Same with alt cues and even starting the script.

Rick_In_Tampa
12-01-2019, 05:59 PM
You may have already found these, but just in case, here are a few good You Tube vids on how to create and use Cobra Show Creator scripts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=micrquxWebw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBWcKMYCJhc

PyroGyro
12-05-2019, 08:10 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, and thanks for helping me pick the right equipment in an earlier thread. I wound up starting off with a 36 and 2 18's all with quickplugs. The bummer is I've already outgrown this setup and have plans to by more mods in the Spring! I also downloaded all of Cobra's pdfs and also saved a playlist of every video from their YouTube channel as well so I'll be going through all of this stuff in the coming weeks.