PDA

View Full Version : 76 Pro Line vs Dominator

Grux
09-01-2019, 04:04 PM
Any preference? Either single shots (mines, comets etc) better than the other?

Robbro097
09-01-2019, 07:28 PM
I heard dominator 62mm shells are way better than 76 60mm, but i haven't shot 76 yet to say 1st hand. Everything Dominator pro that iv shot is amazing super bright vivid colors loud and all around awesome iv only shot some diamond whistles mines and rwb gogetter cakes from 76 but both were very nice, no regrets at all with them. The strobe effect shells from dominator were so bright they looked like actual strobes and not the normal strobe/glitter effect in consumer will be much more of both in my future shows

shonuff
09-11-2019, 12:38 AM
76 has a few pro cakes that are better than dominator (nishiki and humming snakes in particular), but otherwise i think dominator is a superior product.

Rick_In_Tampa
09-11-2019, 09:09 PM
I've bought tons of 76 Pro Line effects over the past few years, and I've been impressed with most of them But after seeing the Dominator effects at PGI this year; and after seeing them in esgrillo's show; I'm going to be buying lots of Dominator products this coming year!! The colors are just amazingly bright, and I love their ghost mines and slices.

Now.... 76 has some nice ghost slices too. But nothing like the Dominator as far as crispness of colors. So take it for what it's worth. Watch lots of videos would be my recommendation to you. To be honest, I'll be buying lots of Dominator products, but 76 is going to get a good chunk of my budget next year too.

esgrillo
09-12-2019, 03:59 PM
Like Rick said. Colors on dominator are great. IMO the their comets are better. Higher, brighter, better color. Mines somewhat close.

76 has good sweeps, Dominator better slices IMO. I had some Dominator slices that were fantastic last show.

I also really like their new PFX5438mn cake. I had several going off at the 4:15 mark of my 2019 video

joed2323
09-17-2019, 11:31 AM
like Ed mentioned dominator comets and mines go higher and "straighter" then 76 comets and mines since 76 uses smaller length tubes. I do feel like the longer tubes that dom sells the comets fire straighter, tube length makes a difference especially when trying to cross comets across a front neatly.

76 has some pro line product that dominator does not have and vice versa.

I've talked to Marc and Jason in the past about dominator needs to have way more options for sweeps. dominator is suppose to start sending slices with different ignition points. 76 currently has dominator beat with multi ignition points on their sweeps/slices for example.

Hopefully dominator comes out with some photo flash cakes and some other goodies that can only be purchased through 76

The 60mm shells from 76 are ok but are lacking when compared to dominators 62mm shells side by side. In my opinion, height and break size are better with the 62mm shells and you are not forced to purchase full cases of shells, you can mix and match!!

Lastly, dealing with Marc or Jason from FF, those guys are top notch in my book. Marc is a hell of a nice guy and provides excellent customer service.

For example you can't beat being able to order 7 35mm comets in orange and 13 35mm comets in green. Being able to order single items from a case is very cost effective when designing a show. I do not order any comets and mines thru 76 anymore unless its something dominator doesn't have.

esgrillo
09-17-2019, 03:30 PM
For example you can't beat being able to order 7 35mm comets in orange and 13 35mm comets in green. Being able to order single items from a case is very cost effective when designing a show. I do not order any comets and mines thru 76 anymore unless its something dominator doesn't have.

like Joe said on the singles.... makes it much easier to add variety and the case pricing is even better...

captainpryo
09-24-2019, 02:00 PM
like Ed mentioned dominator comets and mines go higher and "straighter" then 76 comets and mines since 76 uses smaller length tubes. I do feel like the longer tubes that dom sells the comets fire straighter, tube length makes a difference especially when trying to cross comets across a front neatly.

76 has some pro line product that dominator does not have and vice versa.

I've talked to Marc and Jason in the past about dominator needs to have way more options for sweeps. dominator is suppose to start sending slices with different ignition points. 76 currently has dominator beat with multi ignition points on their sweeps/slices for example.

Hopefully dominator comes out with some photo flash cakes and some other goodies that can only be purchased through 76

The 60mm shells from 76 are ok but are lacking when compared to dominators 62mm shells side by side. In my opinion, height and break size are better with the 62mm shells and you are not forced to purchase full cases of shells, you can mix and match!!

Lastly, dealing with Marc or Jason from FF, those guys are top notch in my book. Marc is a hell of a nice guy and provides excellent customer service.

Yes Dominator will be coming out with the 3 port slices for 2020, These are the following items that will have the 3 ports, PFX11FR1, PFX13FR13, 14, 15,16,17,19,22,21,24,25,26, PFX15CV, PFX15CB, PFX15CR, and PFX15CRS.

Jay_
09-27-2019, 03:18 PM
Yes Dominator will be coming out with the 3 port slices for 2020, These are the following items that will have the 3 ports, PFX11FR1, PFX13FR13, 14, 15,16,17,19,22,21,24,25,26, PFX15CV, PFX15CB, PFX15CR, and PFX15CRS.

Yyyyyyeeeeeessssssssssss!!!

That’s awesome news!

Scotty Rockets
11-23-2019, 01:04 PM
I heard dominator 62mm shells are way better than 76 60mm, but i haven't shot 76 yet to say 1st hand. Everything Dominator pro that iv shot is amazing super bright vivid colors loud and all around awesome iv only shot some diamond whistles mines and rwb gogetter cakes from 76 but both were very nice, no regrets at all with them. The strobe effect shells from dominator were so bright they looked like actual strobes and not the normal strobe/glitter effect in consumer will be much more of both in my future shows

60mm nashiki is much better than dominators 62mm but as far as the other 62mm I agree

Scotty Rockets
11-23-2019, 01:06 PM
little known fact here, Vulcan manufactures 76 pro line comets and mines. Casabella demo'd a bunch of their Vulcan 1.4pro at pyromania this last summer, I have to say we where very excited at what we seen.