PDA

View Full Version : A simple device for wrapping fireworks shells (video)

displayfireworks1
11-10-2011, 07:33 PM
This gentleman was nice enough to demonstrate a device he designed to wrap display shells. If some of you have a similar device please post it. If you want to create your own this should give you some ideas.
Video is currently unlisted and only viewable on pyrotalk.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9m9fAwmfhw

kitsune
11-10-2011, 08:29 PM
That sure beats doing pasting it a strip at a time. ^.^

pyromustang
11-11-2011, 02:52 PM
Thats alright.thanks for letting us see a new way of doing this.

californiapyro
11-14-2011, 07:56 PM
well it's certainly cheaper than the wasp! hehe although it's more of a tape dispenser than a pasting machine...

arial-shellz-R-US
11-29-2011, 09:20 PM
I wanna know what pasting method he was using, it seemed quick and symmetrical

whitepyro
12-05-2011, 06:36 PM
i went and made something like this and it works it took me three shells to get the hang of it .

Chris H
12-07-2011, 03:38 AM
Are there any videos available of the finished product preforming? I'm curious how all the buildup at the various poles affects the break (if at all), or even the fit in the gun. The WASP uses an algorithm to avoid more buildup in one area than another. One passfire, where I first saw this type of jig, they mention that you can only add about 3 wraps of 60lb paper on a 6" shell (while changing pole location) before it no longer fits in the gun, and subsequently requires a large flash booster to supplement the relatively weak walls. I guess using the 35lb tape instead is the answer to that problem though.

deeks
03-07-2012, 02:54 PM
Another way to wrap them is just to go to an old meat locker and see if you can part them from their tape dispensers. I acquired one and just hold the tension-er out of the way with an awl works the same way with no mess. I do realize it won't be free like your homemade ones but you might be surprised that most of the lockers where I am from are going away from hand wrapping meats leaving them with no use for their tape dispensers.

CaliusOptimus
06-24-2012, 01:20 AM
I currently use this type of tape dispenser for pasting my shells. I wasn't satisfied with the symmetry of the breaks with his pattern. After trying a few different things I was able to find a pattern that gives great breaks without taking more time to wrap.

Here is my wrapping pattern. 4" TT w/ 7:1 BP on rice hulls.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jmCqcKDoAsQ&feature=youtu.be

If anyone is interested I could make a vid of me pasting one.

kitsune
06-24-2012, 02:38 PM
I'd be interested. :)

displayfireworks1
06-25-2012, 10:17 PM
Please feel free to post a video of making these fireworks shells. I welcome anyone with experience in making fireworks to please post your videos on the forums.

CaliusOptimus
06-28-2012, 03:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c4UCul-37Q

Enjoy :)

angelluis
05-26-2013, 11:22 AM
Very clever device , might I add. I will have to try this.

RunBang
06-16-2013, 09:34 PM
I currently use this type of tape dispenser for pasting my shells. I wasn't satisfied with the symmetry of the breaks with his pattern. After trying a few different things I was able to find a pattern that gives great breaks without taking more time to wrap.

Here is my wrapping pattern. 4" TT w/ 7:1 BP on rice hulls.

If anyone is interested I could make a vid of me pasting one.

I'm also interested by a video