PDA

View Full Version : Comets/Mine Spacing

PC13
08-23-2019, 02:28 AM
Is there any sort of rule of thumb as to how to space these, for example if you want to shoot a row of them off?

Robbro097
08-23-2019, 11:15 AM
This was my first year doing a comet run i just took how many shots i had to work with and spaced them evenly in the width i had to work with. I would be interested in hearing how these more experienced pyros do it. I dont have a very wide space to work with at my property only 110ft from woods to property line, but am talking to some friends/friends of friends (hopefully some1 who already does fireworks) to find a bigger property to shoot on

PC13
08-23-2019, 02:50 PM
Yeah I’d like to find somewhere bigger to lay things out. I’m guessing the closer you are to the comets the tighter you can group them but I’m not sure.

joed2323
08-28-2019, 09:12 AM
it all depends on what you are trying to do with them. Are you trying to criss-cross them in the air? Angles become a big factor in crossing comets say 50' from the ground.

In my opinion you can never have enough single shot comet/mines in a show. Every year I try and incorporate more and more into my show. Every year I try and grow my cue count to give me more cues to work with.

Robbro097
08-28-2019, 10:50 AM
it all depends on what you are trying to do with them. Are you trying to criss-cross them in the air? Angles become a big factor in crossing comets say 50' from the ground.

In my opinion you can never have enough single shot comet/mines in a show. Every year I try and incorporate more and more into my show. Every year I try and grow my cue count to give me more cues to work with.

Theyr will b many more single shot effects in my show next year. Ill b adding another 72m to the cobra system and another 12 or 24 to the import im planning a short 1 song pyromusical as a sort of finale to my regular cake show next year. cobra cues for pyromusical import for reg cake show but even thats going to b highlighted with some leftover mines and comets.

PC13
08-30-2019, 11:17 PM
Most likely shooting them straight up, not too sure about crossing them at this point. I’m just in the planning phase for now.

Scotty Rockets
11-23-2019, 01:07 PM
Its all blind unless you are using fwsim or finale to script visually