PDA

View Full Version : Made the jump

rfgonzo
08-05-2019, 06:07 PM
After three years of using my Bilusocn firing system, I made the jump to Cobra today. My starting order was a 18R2 remote /w case and USB drive, Audio Box and 72M /W side Exit case+W18S slats. That will geve me 11 more months to buy a few more 18M's and in the mean time learn how to use what I have.

Robbro097
08-05-2019, 06:48 PM
I absolutely love my 72m its def more complicated than the biluscon but not bad. Im planning on adding more mods and audiobox during theyr black friday sale and mayb more during theyr spring fling sale, or at least more slats. I know when i 1st started playing around trying to figure it out it was a lil overwhelming but its simple enough with all the YouTube vids out theyr it operates like 18m when your on that bank

Rick_In_Tampa
08-05-2019, 07:27 PM
Congrats on making the jump!! I've used the Cobra the past 2 years and I love it. Going to be converting my 18M's into quick-plug cues and buying up some quick-plug slats this fall during the Black Friday sale. It's definitely addicting, but money well spent if you want to put on a professional style show.

Mattp
08-05-2019, 07:49 PM
Good stuff... that is definitely a smart way to do it... buy what you can, when you can.. I am currently starting my 2nd top secret(no wife) fund to hopefully have enough for my cobra system by next year!!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-05-2019, 08:35 PM
I am currently starting my 2nd top secret(no wife) fund to hopefully have enough for my cobra system by next year!!

OMG... That literally made me LOL... I've posted the agreement I have with my wife so many times, I'm sure you can repeat it back to me. But if I ever had a 1st top secret fund, let alone a 2nd, it would be divorce court for sure! :o

rfgonzo
08-05-2019, 09:13 PM
As soon as it gets here, I well buy Cobra Show creator. I've been on the 7 day trial. Pretty sweet for sure.

Lucky for me I have a good wife that likes the fireworks and helps me with them each year. Plus this is one of my less expensive hobbies, so I'm good to go..... (for now) haha

esgrillo
08-05-2019, 10:22 PM
congrats, you will not regret it! Lots of support on this forum and Cobra of course.

Mattp
08-06-2019, 07:55 AM
OMG... That literally made me LOL... I've posted the agreement I have with my wife so many times, I'm sure you can repeat it back to me. But if I ever had a 1st top secret fund, let alone a 2nd, it would be divorce court for sure! :o

HAHAHA... we have a very similar agreement.. as she gets an amazon box delivered 5 days a week... LOL... technically, she knows my firework fund exists.. but the reason it has to be hidden is because if she knew where it was it wouldn't exist.

rfgonzo
08-14-2019, 12:17 AM
Got the bug, just ordered 4 more slats and a 18M. LOL

Chubbles
08-14-2019, 03:35 AM
I don't know what scares me more:

A fireworks accident -or- my wife finding out about my secret fund.

joewad
08-14-2019, 04:36 AM
I keep telling you guys....Hallmark Channel.....Hallmark Channel

Rick_In_Tampa
08-19-2019, 03:35 PM
HAHAHA... we have a very similar agreement.. as she gets an amazon box delivered 5 days a week... LOL... technically, she knows my firework fund exists.. but the reason it has to be hidden is because if she knew where it was it wouldn't exist.

I think your wife and mine are related. I call her the Amazon queen. She and the Amazon delivery driver are on a first name basis. We have a box coming today actually!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-19-2019, 03:39 PM
As soon as it gets here, I well buy Cobra Show creator. I've been on the 7 day trial. Pretty sweet for sure.

Lucky for me I have a good wife that likes the fireworks and helps me with them each year. Plus this is one of my less expensive hobbies, so I'm good to go..... (for now) haha

The wife of one of our Pyro Talk members (who will remain nameless!) who was at PGI this year with her hubby was goo goo over the Cobra gear on the C line. Scott Smith and his gang were there and they set up 5 Cobra mods for everyone to use all week. This lady was just so excited about the Cobra system and buying one, I was going to give her my number and ask her to call my wife and talk her into getting on the Cobra train!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-19-2019, 03:41 PM
Got the bug, just ordered 4 more slats and a 18M. LOL

Did you get the quickplug slats? I'm very excited about those. I've got a dozen of those headed my way come Black Friday!

Rick_In_Tampa
08-19-2019, 03:42 PM
I keep telling you guys....Hallmark Channel.....Hallmark Channel

Christmas movies in July.... Gawd....

rfgonzo
08-20-2019, 08:34 AM
Did you get the quickplug slats? I'm very excited about those. I've got a dozen of those headed my way come Black Friday!

No, I didn't order the QP slats. I was thinking about it, but I guess I was unsure how to add multiple igniters in series on one que. (can you)?

Rick_In_Tampa
08-20-2019, 04:23 PM
No, I didn't order the QP slats. I was thinking about it, but I guess I was unsure how to add multiple igniters in series on one que. (can you)?

You can. The old fashioned way. You would just splice the wires together into one QP pair. So you'd have to sacrifice 1 initiator to do it.

Scott said his team is working on a pigtail that's more plug and play, but nothing is out yet.

rfgonzo
08-20-2019, 05:33 PM
You can. The old fashioned way. You would just splice the wires together into one QP pair. So you'd have to sacrifice 1 initiator to do it.

Scott said his team is working on a pigtail that's more plug and play, but nothing is out yet.

Yeah thats what I seen on the cobra website. When they come up with something, I'll be all over it.

Rick_In_Tampa
08-20-2019, 05:56 PM
Yeah thats what I seen on the cobra website. When they come up with something, I'll be all over it.

Just make sure you have the right kind of slats. They sell a serial and a parallel version. I keep having people explain the difference, but as I sit here and type this, I can't tell you what it is. But my understanding is that you can't wire effects in series and plug them into a parallel slat, and vice versa. Not sure how the slat will know there's 2 things plugged in vice 1, but that's my understanding.

rfgonzo
08-20-2019, 09:33 PM
Just make sure you have the right kind of slats. They sell a serial and a parallel version. I keep having people explain the difference, but as I sit here and type this, I can't tell you what it is. But my understanding is that you can't wire effects in series and plug them into a parallel slat, and vice versa. Not sure how the slat will know there's 2 things plugged in vice 1, but that's my understanding.

Thanks for the heads-up. I always run in series, so it shouldn't be a issue for me.