PDA

View Full Version : Using the new 6s slats with the Cobra

MontanaMike
07-31-2019, 12:28 AM
The quickplug conversion kit allows for the use of 6-cue slats which are connected to the mod by a computer cable. My question is: Do the same wire-length limitations apply when using the slats and a computer cable? Or do the fine wires in a network cable put further limits on how far out you can go?

I'm getting geared up to convert 8 mods.

Deanbc
07-31-2019, 09:10 AM
The quickplug conversion kit allows for the use of 6-cue slats which are connected to the mod by a computer cable. My question is: Do the same wire-length limitations apply when using the slats and a computer cable? Or do the fine wires in a network cable put further limits on how far out you can go
I'm getting geared up to convert 8 mods.

I had one 18M using 3- 6 cue slats. Two were connected with 75 feet of Cat6 cable and one used 50 feet. They worked fine during my pre show tests but I did have a few failures during the show. I plan on further testing firing multiple cues at the same time. I used MJG Initiators.

MontanaMike
07-31-2019, 04:37 PM
Interesting. We had a few fails this year with MJGs too. 4 cakes and 5 rows of mortars did not go off. I think I figured out what the problem was with the mortars...the main fuses weren't lined up properly with the shrouds on the initiators and the fire touched the "side" of the fuse rather than the powdered end. I have no idea what happened with the cakes though.

Everything was connected direct to the modules and we had no continuity issues, so I'm at a loss.