PDA

View Full Version : Black Cat Firecrackers in Ireland

displayfireworks1
11-03-2011, 12:05 AM
These two video should give us an idea of what Blackcat Firecrackers sound like in Ireland. I am sure they are better than the Blackcat Firecrackers that are sold in United States. If you look at the box in the video the writing on the box states, it complies with a certain regulation. If someone has the energy to research the regulation, it would be interesting to hear the allowable milligram flash content that Ireland allows.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDOHSLqdeDI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVHhWsn7TFw&feature=related

PyroJoeNEPA
11-03-2011, 12:01 PM
Here ya go-----------

British Standard for Fireworks (BS 7114)

The British Standard for Fireworks (BS 7114) defines 4 types of fireworks:
Category 1: Indoor Fireworks
For use in extremely restricted areas - e.g. indoors
Category 2: Gardens Fireworks
For use in limited areas - e.g. gardens
Category 3: Display Fireworks
For use in open areas - e.g. School Playing Fields
Category 4: For use by professionals only
The Standard sets out construction, performance, labelling and testing criteria for the firework types available to the general Public in the UK.
Cat2 specifications lists "bangers" as <1.60g per "banger".
Pretty healthy by our standards.
You can see on the units it says "Garden Firework".

Pyro Nation
11-03-2011, 07:37 PM
Guess someone had the energy to do the research...lol

displayfireworks1
11-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Thanks Joe for researching the information on that box. If I am interpreting it correctly the “Banger” or “Firecracker” at 1.60g is 1600mg. The legal limit for consumer firecrackers in United States is 50mg on the ground and 125mg in the air.
From my knowledge of the metric system, the zero after the six is meaningless. It should be written as 1.6 Grams. Can this be correct that their firecrackers have 1600mg of flash composition?
I believe they do not use the USA term “Backyard”. They say “Garden”. LOL

PyroJoeNEPA
11-04-2011, 10:53 AM
Thanks Joe for researching the information on that box. If I am interpreting it correctly the “Banger” or “Firecracker” at 1.60g is 1600mg. The legal limit for consumer firecrackers in United States is 50mg on the ground and 125mg in the air.
From my knowledge of the metric system, the zero after the six is meaningless. It should be written as 1.6 Grams. Can this be correct that their firecrackers have 1600mg of flash composition?
I believe they do not use the USA term “Backyard”. They say “Garden”. LOL

1600mg is correct. The "1.60g" was a direct copy from the specification page. They are, indeed, a pretty potent firecracker.

Pyro Nation
11-04-2011, 12:13 PM
I WANT A Case or 2