PDA

View Full Version : New Faceplates on Modules

Pyro Nation
10-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Did anyone get modules for this month delivered? Scott started placing black face plates on them now. They look SICK... I did a little video on system I have which shows them now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YabO4EF2T3Q

UniversalPyro
10-27-2011, 08:39 PM
I got one, and sent in my other 3 to get redone, only problem with cobra is there always upgrading and that means if you want the latest your always gonna dump money into the system. Like i said before, there upgrading the remote next with new software which means more money in a system you pay a pretty penny for to begin with. Thats my biggest issue with the system.

Pyro Nation
10-27-2011, 08:54 PM
Thats what the reprogrammer helps with I showed in the video

UniversalPyro
10-27-2011, 09:32 PM
yeah but theres a whole new remote, you just cant upgrade it. also on the modules, they changed the LED lights to be brighter, which i found out it would be costly to upgrade the lights. The reprogrammer is good though for software upgrades.

Pyro Nation
10-27-2011, 11:56 PM
Those arent essential. They are nice neat new features, but are not needed to still use the system to fire a show with. Just my opinion..

crackerbomb
10-28-2011, 02:08 AM
I like they way the cobra is set up, but I think I will get a used one if I could find one. I don't see sending that amount of money on a unit that I will only use once a year unless I hit the powerball. Then I could get everybody one or two systems.......lol

Pyro Nation
10-28-2011, 03:07 AM
LOL... Yeah, well i look at it this way... I use it maybe 5 or 6 times a yr.... but I know it is a good system that will last and is reliable. I was hesitant at first as well

UniversalPyro
10-28-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey Pyro...question, do you wire up all your shells and cakes? if so do you do each shell individually or do you chain em, i read in the other forum you shoot everything electronically. Im just curious, also if you do wire up are you using ematch or visco? let me know if you have a minute

Pyro Nation
10-29-2011, 11:11 AM
I wire up all cakes. I cut the visco down to about 1/2 inch then place a visco to ematch port on. Shells I chain with either rapid fuse or 10 sec/ft fuse. So everything is done electronic with ematch to the visco

UniversalPyro
10-29-2011, 12:03 PM
i do that to with the shells, are you using tape for the fusing of shells or clips? i wanted to check into the Clips you can buy online but curious if they work?

UniversalPyro

Pyro Nation
10-30-2011, 07:41 AM
I used both this year... Had no issues with either of them.. And if you can find the clips they are reusable... I found about 75% of them....

cobrafiringsystems
11-06-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi UniversalPyro,

Thanks for your concerns and post. One thing to note to yourself and other PyroTalk members is that our new 18R2 programmable remote will be compatible with all existing COBRA18 modules including those from the original beta production over a year ago. A software upgrade is required and we perform this free for all COBRA customers, we only ask you pay for shipping.

To add a little more information, our new 18R2 remote is designed to support the upload of automated scripts via a USB control and also integration into Finale Fireworks (http://www.finalefireworks.com/features/exporttocobra). The new remote includes a handful of additional features including faster manual firing, firing memory, cue continuity and signal strength checking on modules on the same channel, and more. Unfortunately this new remote requires a hardware change for adding a USB port, an added 200Mhz processor, 4MB flash chip, and several other changes. Note that the new remote is not meant as a replacement for the existing remote, but rather a more advanced and higher priced option although I am sure many will be looking to upgrade. To help, we will also be offering a trade in program on the existing 18R remote for any existing customers looking to upgrade and also recover some of the original investment. These trade-ins will likely be sold as refurbished units at a lower price.

You're also correct that we have recently added some face plates and brighter LEDs through requests by clients. Unfortunately some of the minor enhancements are difficult to upgrade on existing modules, but we felt obligated to do based on feedback from clients. I think you'll find as time goes on that we'll be focusing our time on more intelligent controllers that will work together with the suite of COBRA products / modules as a whole. By no means will you see us sunset technology and require those with existing investments to re-invest from scratch on the systems.

Hope this helps.

Scott Smith

I got one, and sent in my other 3 to get redone, only problem with cobra is there always upgrading and that means if you want the latest your always gonna dump money into the system. Like i said before, there upgrading the remote next with new software which means more money in a system you pay a pretty penny for to begin with. Thats my biggest issue with the system.

UniversalPyro
11-06-2011, 10:23 PM
It all sounds great...im sure the price will be worth the upgrades.