PDA

View Full Version : 1.4 pro fusing

Mattp
05-29-2019, 10:52 PM
has anybody ever used the ematch port on a pro product, then used the visco fuse of the same cake as an outgoing fuse to connect to a second one??... i want to use the port for instant ignition, but then fuse a second one to go off about 20 sec later.. another option is to use 2 igniters.. one for the port.. and one to go to a 20 sec fuse.. i need it to work off of one cue

Deanbc
05-29-2019, 11:17 PM
I’ve done what you asked about. I call it fire in and fire out. I stick a piece of quick fuse in with the igniter head and as a security blanket I zip tie the quick fuse to the visco going in and then continue to the next cake, adjusting fuse type or length as needed. I’ve also just inserted the igniter head and then fused off the original visco going into the cake. It will light when the igniter ignites the lift charge.

joed2323
05-30-2019, 06:16 AM
Generally the quick match or ematch port when their is a fuse attached goes into the first tube lift charge m-25 airbrust for example.

Beat way to ignite a second cake from the first cake is to either poke the opposite/last tube and insert quick fuse into the left charge of first cake and poke the second cake and insert into second cake so it ignites the quick fuse and ignites your second cake.

You can also take a cake and say it's a 30 second duration cake. And you want it to ignite the second cake in 20 seconds not after the first cake fires.

Watch some 2019 product videos if possible or if possible test the product and record duration times of the items you are shooting and count the time or shots it takes to to get to 20 seconds in and poke that tube and run your quick fuse off of that tube and then into your second cake

Mattp
05-30-2019, 11:00 PM
thats exactly it.. its a 25 sec duration cake.. and i want the 2nd one to fire about 20 second in...doesnt have to be exact.. but as long as it fires before the first one ends... my initial idea was to use about a foot of 20 sec/ft fuse.. i have a nice stash of almost every speed.. so i have options with that... thanks for the input guys!!