PDA

View Full Version : Storage, Storage, and more Storage...

georgiapyro
10-14-2011, 01:37 PM
So, after ordering the North American Fireworks Trade Directory, I began to look at different fireworks companies in my area to contact to get contingency storage for my Type 54. Let me just say, being located in Georgia is tough for a fireworks lover. I have called many different companies but they only have representatives here, no storage facilities. I did, however, hear from someone I talked to about contacting a blasting company. Is this really something that I can do? I feel that if I call a local blasting company, of which there are several in my area, they will think I'm crazy!

So, my question... Has anyone else heard of doing this as a possible contingency agreement? And, is this something that I could do to begin the license process?

All responses appreciated, as always...

Pyro Nation
10-14-2011, 03:31 PM
I live in Nazareth, PA... We have several cement companies here I talked to about storage... Couple of them said they would for a usage price per month. Wasnt much but would depend on how much i plan to keep in there and what duration....

indianahx
10-14-2011, 04:57 PM
I have heard blasting companies or firearms companies. Sometimes its just not as easy as a local company being available at every turn. Sometimes you have to get out to events, make some friends, get your name and face out there and maybe meet a few people who have their own magazine who might let you use theirs. Good luck in your search and don't give up!

georgiapyro
10-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the tips guys. I contacted a local blasting/explosives company today and he said that they would be willing to rent me a magazine for a monthly fee. He told me that no matter how much I put in it, the fee would be $75 per month. Now, it doesn't seem like a bunch, but I really have no intentions of using it for a lot of product, mostly just e-match and quick match. Do you think it's worth it? I'm waiting to hear back from a few other companies. I would be nice if I could find one who was a bit cheaper...

indianahx
10-21-2011, 11:03 PM
Make sure you check with your atf agent that it would be approved first....they may or may not like something about the storage aspect.

crackerbomb
10-21-2011, 11:19 PM
I may be wrong but I thought in one of Daves videos he made a comment about burning up the left over fuse.

Pyro Nation
10-22-2011, 05:49 AM
Yeah... if I get quickmatch.. i just burn the left over..

Pyro Nation
10-22-2011, 05:50 AM
Thanks for the tips guys. I contacted a local blasting/explosives company today and he said that they would be willing to rent me a magazine for a monthly fee. He told me that no matter how much I put in it, the fee would be $75 per month. Now, it doesn't seem like a bunch, but I really have no intentions of using it for a lot of product, mostly just e-match and quick match. Do you think it's worth it? I'm waiting to hear back from a few other companies. I would be nice if I could find one who was a bit cheaper...

Also.. if it is for just ematch and quickmatch. You may want to look into a Type IV daybox insteAD

georgiapyro
10-22-2011, 10:32 AM
I looked into a Type IV daybox, but I don't have a detached garage in which to store it. Without that, this option is pretty limited for me.

When it comes to the fuse, I have no problem getting rid of the leftovers. I could probably do that to the e-match if I have to. At least for the time being, I just want to use my license to get permits here in the state of Georgia. Since most consumer fireworks are illegal, you need to get a permit to shoot. This is obviously impossible without a license. The only 1.3 product I plan to get for some time is the e-match and quick match. If I can get the gentlemen I spoke with to go along with granting me the option to store, I should be in business. There's really nothing to store if you burn the left over quick match and e-match after a shoot, right??

indianahx
10-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Depends if you plan on shooting EVERYTHING you buy? If you have something left over because of failed ignition or whatever, if you have the storage you have the option of saving it. No storage = shoot everything and light all matches/fuse

Pyro Nation
10-23-2011, 07:54 PM
Since I dont have my own storage, using the contingency and dont want to bother the guy for a few ematch and a bit of leftover quickmatch I usually burn them up, but have some fun with it.. I bought some different types of fuse and attached it so many feet on the quickmatch...

georgiapyro
10-27-2011, 03:19 PM
That was my own thinking as well, Pyroliffic... I figured I was only going to use my license for quick match and e-match anyway for the first few years... I don't have the room to purchase much 1.3 product at the moment.

Actually, I got a letter from my contingency guy today. He told me that renting the magazine from him would be $75 a month, but I think I am going to see if he is okay with me just using him as a "back-up" plan. I really have no intentions of using a magazine from him anyway... at least not anytime soon.

Thanks for all of the opinions!

Pyro Nation
10-27-2011, 04:44 PM
Thats cool. Yeah..just get a letter from him that's all