PDA

View Full Version : German "Black Cat" brand

FinnAmerican
05-07-2019, 10:38 AM
"Black Cat" brand, by German company Feistel Feuerwerk.
For videos search YouTube: Black Cat Feistel
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3922&stc=1
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3923&stc=1

RalphieJ
05-08-2019, 11:37 AM
Have you set any off? If so, black powder or flash?

FinnAmerican
05-08-2019, 11:56 AM
I don't have any of my own. Screenshot from YouTube.

countryboy7978
05-15-2019, 12:08 PM
I don’t know as much about European fireworks as I do about American ones but based on previous experiences, those are likely aluminum spiked black powder although they could be a weaker nitrate flash. American (and Chinese imported for the US) flash powder is almost always perchlorate based. It’s a much louder and energetic flash than most of Europe uses.

saulgoodman
11-06-2020, 10:44 PM
I don’t know as much about European fireworks as I do about American ones but based on previous experiences, those are likely aluminum spiked black powder although they could be a weaker nitrate flash. American (and Chinese imported for the US) flash powder is almost always perchlorate based. It’s a much louder and energetic flash than most of Europe uses.

Better late than never.... :)

In germany only blackpowder is allowed in firecrackers.
If you see "PII" or the new "F2" class it musst be blackpowder.
There is a class called "P1" for technical fireworks.
A few years ago some manufactures startet to bring flash crackers in this class to the market.
But thats almost a gray area and just a mater of time to be stoped.

wingman
11-07-2020, 01:17 AM
Don't ever underestimate a well-made, quality black powder cracker. Many of the older ones I've enjoyed were very loud, with lots of confetti and a wonderful aromatic smoke. They were all indeed black powder with no spiking. The ones I enjoyed the most were Horse and Tiger brand D B?llers imported by Yuen Loong Hong (YLH) and were grey fused. I have a couple packs left given to me by a great friend. For some reason, I've noticed many D B?llers were quite a bit louder than the Super B?ller II. Not sure why that is!

wingman
11-07-2020, 01:36 AM
Oops, I meant the Super-I seemed not as loud as the D size for some reason, although the Super-I were larger.