PDA

View Full Version : Taiwan Fireworks Ritual

displayfireworks1
10-09-2011, 10:34 PM
In the hopes of getting this Taiwanese section of the forums started I found this interesting video of a ritual involving fireworks. It is just fascinating to see how fireworks are used in celebrations throughout the world.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BZn2_W-W2w

在得到这个论坛的台湾部分的希望开始,我发现这个有趣的视频涉及烟花仪式。这仅仅是迷人的,看 到世界各地的 烟花是如何在庆祝活动中使用。

Pyro Nation
10-10-2011, 12:37 AM
WOW... getting burned by fireworks is a ritual... thats crazy...lol

copper acetoarsenite
10-03-2012, 02:31 AM
The history of the green men is similar they ran through the crowd with fire batons showering the crowd with sparks, now we tell each other to 'stay green'...we in Queens used to hold the sticks of bottle rocket in our finger tips..every fourth was characterized by numerous burns..I'm not into pain at all..but for us getting burned was part of the celebration, every fourth was characterized by going to sleep with the pain of the burns..until I got a really painful burn I used to hold firecrackers in my palm or in my fingertips...I can't explain any of these things in terms of psychology..all I can say is it does go one...many people have burned themselves with fireworks..we also used to hold jumping jacks, but they did not burn us..but we all held them..so i can almost understand the mindset of these Taiwanese people..now I don't want to be burned with fireworks, just watch them and smell the smoke :-D