PDA

View Full Version : Firecracker Overload

FinnAmerican79
04-01-2019, 11:44 AM
I purchased a package of 5 large-size firecrackers; called "Thunder Cracker".
I assumed they were legal by the "Consumer Fireworks UN0336 1.4g" label. It didn't even have a brand name; just "Made in China". And a made-up serial number.
I've seen videos on YouTube, showing people liting them off. They didn't appear to be very loud in the videos (camera quality). So, last year I tested one of the crackers. It surprised me and scared off some ducks. It had the power of a homemade M-80, or even louder...

FinnAmerican79
04-01-2019, 12:23 PM
overload firecracker
http://www.pyrotalk.com/bulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=3802&stc=1

RalphieJ
04-01-2019, 04:21 PM
I've had big crackers from China over the years. Some were as weak as German BP crackers, others were very stout. All were a lot of fun.

PGH_Pyro
04-02-2019, 11:15 AM
it's not "over-loaded" .. it just is what it is...

halk
04-20-2019, 09:53 AM
Was there any label logo on the package? Who brought them in? Scan of the bag top would be nice for reference.

STASH MASTER
08-16-2021, 04:14 PM
Those are as is ,,, And they pack a punch .. They are also on the recall list for being overloaded,, But that's the way they were intended to be , LOUD !!!!

PyroJoeNEPA
08-17-2021, 10:47 AM
There are a lot of "similar" items out there. When you see them, buy them, smile, and don't broadcast it. That is what brings attention to them and causes them to get pulled out of circulation. The you tuber mad bomber boys do more to hurt the availability of these type items than to promote them by drawing attention to them!

FinnAmerican
08-17-2021, 12:09 PM
~I was an idiot for posting that...and for buying those illegal devices off eBay. Very dangerous. Bad idea. I was new to fireworks and didn't know better. I thought bigger the boom, the better. I was sorely wrong.