PDA

View Full Version : Cobra help

UniversalPyro
10-09-2011, 09:06 PM
I did a show last night, had 4 modules loaded with all 1.3 cakes and shells, i got to 3rd module and it said E-1 and also said 2 lo...can you help me out with what this means. I did flip batteries over to see if it was wrong, when i had on test it worked fine but when on fire it did the error? it stalled my show in embarrasment for 10 minutes and dont want this to happen again if possible, let me know.

Thanks in advance
Universal Pyro

Pyro Nation
10-09-2011, 09:43 PM
This is from the user manual for the module...

Note: After the 1P and 2P battery life is displayed, the term tSt is displayed briefly on the channel display. At
this time the firing module is performing a self-test ensure each firing driver is operating properly. If you see an
“Er1” or “Er2” displayed on the channel display, please email info@cobrafiringsystems.com for support. This is
a safety test to ensure no MOSFET drivers are shorted and are functioning properly.

cobrafiringsystems
10-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Dear UniversalPyro,

The most common reason for Er1 to display is if you have the 2P batteries in the wrong orientation. For example, one of the batteries is placed in backwards where the + is to the - or vice-versa. By re-orienting the batteries, this will resolve the issue.

Please email me directly at ssmith@cobrafiringsystems.com or call me direct at 518-858-1082 tomorrow and I'll walk you through a few tests to ensure the system is working properly since it's also possible this error code is showing a potentially failed MOSFET whereby the system will self-disable during start-up for safety reasons.

Thanks, Scott Smith

This is from the user manual for the module...

Note: After the 1P and 2P battery life is displayed, the term tSt is displayed briefly on the channel display. At
this time the firing module is performing a self-test ensure each firing driver is operating properly. If you see an
“Er1” or “Er2” displayed on the channel display, please email info@cobrafiringsystems.com for support. This is
a safety test to ensure no MOSFET drivers are shorted and are functioning properly.

UniversalPyro
10-11-2011, 01:44 PM
Thanks for the help, Scott, where do you get a manual, mine didnt come with one.

Pyro Nation
10-11-2011, 08:12 PM
If you go to this page of cobra website... They are there..

https://www.cobrafiringsystems.com/cobra18_wireless_firing_system.php

Then click on user guides / Software versions..they are there