PDA

View Full Version : First Shells

indianahx
10-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Not sure how many guys/gals here are from Indiana or close by and went to the Waynes World Fall Festival this weekend. I was able to attend Saturday, mainly for the shooter safety "class" that was being offered and taught by Kevin Lynch. After the instruction, we went out to the property for a live fire where I was able to HAND fire my first 3" shell. The rush, thump, and everything that went with it has NO COMPARISON. I am now totally hooked (as if I wasnt before) and cant wait to do the same thing in my own shows.

Other than the "class" there was some awesome shooting in the 1.3 section. Saw a lot of big heavy salutes and some amazing shells and rockets as well. There were even some 10" shells shot that were just amazing in person.

Anyway, just wanted to rant about shooting my first bit of 1.3 since getting my license this summer. I think I'm still on a high........

Pyro Nation
10-09-2011, 08:52 PM
LOL... Grats on that...yeah....when i got to use my first 1.3... I was on that high for quite awhile..

kitsune
10-10-2011, 07:20 PM
Sweet. I passed that particular milestone myself only a few weekends ago. ^.^

californiapyro
10-11-2011, 09:44 AM
ahh, is kitsune on here shusune on yt?

kitsune
10-11-2011, 07:18 PM
Yup, that would be me (told you I go by a few different names ;) ).

pyro92
10-11-2011, 08:02 PM
I've known that same feeling. I took a 1.3 PGI shooters safety course this past April. It was quite the rush getting to shoot some 3" shells!